2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Hi, without me having to look through all the posts, could anyone tell me the current situation with this course please, I have just joined, It looks Interesting. Thanks

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Into_the_wild

I do have a cancellation waiting list so if you would like me to add you to this list I would be more than happy to do so, please let me know.

Becky
Bushcraft Expeditions

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Hi Into_the_wild

I do have a cancellation waiting list so if you would like me to add you to this list I would be more than happy to do so, please let me know.

Becky
Bushcraft Expeditions

Hi Becky

Yes Could you add me to the waiting list Please. It doesnt look like the other arctic exped will go ahead does it, what are the min
numbers for that, 15 was it?

Shane

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
How many are on the reserve list? Perhaps they could do the course a week early, their numbers combined with the 'basic 5' may make it viable.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
How many are on the reserve list? Perhaps they could do the course a week early, their numbers combined with the 'basic 5' may make it viable.

I would go on the Basic course, I will pay my deposit sometime over Xmas/New year (Im still waiting to be paid, just spent all my spare cash today on Xmas shopping)
Maybe we can get a show of hands for the people who are interested in the Basic but have yet to pay a deposit & also people who are on the Advanced reserve list who would consider the Basic course. Then maybe that will make it viable, I wonder if BE would consider slightly lower numbers to make the Basic course happen. Although I can understand that the margin is probably low already.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Into_the_wild I have added you to the cancellation list, you are currently the only one on there at the moment.The minimum numbers for the basic arctic course are 15.

Becky

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Becky , Will the Advanced course be run REGARDLESS of the minimum numbers being reached for the basic course?

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Teedee

Each of the courses/expeditions, unless specified, are not connected to each other, so if we do not reach minimum numbers for the BCUK Basic Arctic expedition but stil have our minimum numbers for the Advanced arctic expedition on the go/no go date this course will still take place(advanced course).Hope this makes sense.

Becky

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Santa just paid me a visit and I got some flights to Norway.

£304 for 2 checked bags, arriving 8th March, leaving 18th March with insurance and one booked seat for the flight over to Oslo with Norwegian all the way. Whatever happens, I'll be there in March for an adventure. :)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
The only flights out of Bardufoss that I can find on the 16th are 06.30hrs or 15.30hrs.
The travel details that we have state a drop off at Bardufoss at 08.30 leaving a 7 hour wait!
Bardufoss airport is NOT the kind of airport that lends itself to killing time ( read 'small' ! )
I have asked for independent help with this and the details I give are the ones that have just been relayed back to me.
I wonder if Becky or Woody reads this, they would feel able to comment please?
All the best.
Chris.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
P.s , I have rung BE and left an answer phone msg asking for advice or guidance on the above, I am
Sure Becky or Woody will get back to us when they return to the office.
Cheers.
Chris.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Do you fancy staying on for a couple of days Chris? I'm flying back on the 18th to save a load of cash and get more time out there, Ducky is thinking of doing the same I believe? .

The area round Bardufoss looks great for camping for a couple of nights, like a BCUK mini-meet in the arctic with negative travel expenses and familiar faces.

Woody

Forager
The only flights out of Bardufoss that I can find on the 16th are 06.30hrs or 15.30hrs.
The travel details that we have state a drop off at Bardufoss at 08.30 leaving a 7 hour wait!
Bardufoss airport is NOT the kind of airport that lends itself to killing time ( read 'small' ! )
I have asked for independent help with this and the details I give are the ones that have just been relayed back to me.
I wonder if Becky or Woody reads this, they would feel able to comment please?
All the best.
Chris.

Hi Chris,
It would appear that Norwegian have changed their schedules once again! I will look into this and see if we cant change the drop off timing to later in the morning. I (or Becky) will get back to all and confirm in the very near future
Regards and Happy New year
Woody

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thanks so much Woody, sorry to be the bearer of troublesome news!
Happy new year to you all as well at BE.
Teepee I will have to get back to you mate, I may be tight for time but it is a great idea!
Happy new year ( soon! ) by the way, look forward to meeting you.
My best.
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE