2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes I'm in.
makesnowman.gif

My client has moved their booking to February for me so I can make both courses now.

Just tried to ring Becky with a credit card in my hand but only got the answer phone.

1. Wayland

Lets get those spaces filled.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had to miss out last year and I was gutted (I had even got all the gear together for it), but I've definately got the time off and the funds for this one!
I'm in!

1. Wayland
2. Chris the Cat
3. TeeDee
4. Greg

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm tempted to do both this course and the basic, would that be ok?

Bob.

1. Wayland
2. Chris the Cat
3. TeeDee
4. Greg
5. Imagedude

Last edited:

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Is this going ahead then? I would potentially be interested after the course run last year, but would be looking for something with a more physical/active emphasis?

Cheers,

Jun 27, 2010
tyne and wear
hi all
i have 2 people who are keen to sign up to this but am a little bit worried that the advance arctic expedition has no heated tents. Am i being an over protective wife?!?! will you guys not freeze out there for a week!?!? they really want to go and i dont want to risk signing them up to the normal arctic course which may or may not happen without the full numbers signing up. If we sign them up to the advance arctic course, it's a definite trip. Can anyone advise what it is like without the backup of heated tents to help put my mind at ease?
thanks

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Cold, Ms Wife !
You need to be on your game. You can and should be comfortable, the instructors are top rate, but as one who has used the heated tents
( And don't forget, the fire is not always on ! ) it is no walk in the park !
However, my last trip with this outfit, put together by BcUK was one of the defining trips of my life ! ( I've made a few! )
I hope this helps in some small way, other will be along later and I am happy to talk to you some more if it would help.
My best.
Chris.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
1. Wayland
2. Chris the Cat
3. TeeDee
4. Greg
5. Imagedude
6. skaus84
7. Teepee

I'm in :) Cant get an answer from Becky to take some money, I'll try again tomorrow.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
1. Wayland
2. Chris the Cat
3. TeeDee
4. Greg
5. Imagedude
6. skaus84
7. Teepee
8. widu13

Sorry guys, I forgot to update that I successfully migrated my deposit from the basic to advanced course. As it's 20 odd years since my Artic course in the mob I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! Anyhow, more the merrier!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE