1941L Detachment - anyone had dealings with them? Bad Experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Has anyone bought anything from 1941L Detachment.co.uk? I bought (I thought!) a goretex jacket from their website a couple weeks ago, paid with paypal and waited for it to arrive. After five days I emailed them as it hadn't arrived - nothing. Another day, another email, chasing them but nothing. Finally called both numbers on their website, phones rang but no answer so left messages. Nothing, no response at all. So I raised a dispute with Paypal, now waiting another couple of weeks for Paypal to refund me.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they may be away on holiday, but to have not a single response is just weird. Hopefully Paypal will refund me but it's very annoying to have your money effectively lost for a month.
Cheers
Phil:confused:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The contact address for their server is here and has a contact for abuse if things go wrong. Hopefully they're just on holiday.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Little update on this.......I've not had a single reply to an email or phone call (and there have been a few) It's been a few weeks now and I had to raise a Paypal dispute in the hope of shaking something loose. Paypal just emailed me to say my money has been refunded, heard absolutely nothing about my order or the reason for not sending it from the shop. Absolutely bizarre, especially as I see them selling stuff on Ebay last night!!
So stay clear of this lot - and thumbs up to Paypal for looking after me when crooks are involved.

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
Just had a look on their website and to be fair it's pretty poor. No address under contacts? Mobile numbers for Stock Control & Customer Services Manager!? Sounds like you were lucky it was a Paypal payment.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Yeah, think I lucked out. I just don't understand it though - why have a shop, take the money but then not bother to send the stuff out and blank the customer?? Bizarre!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE