UK spray foam insulation company and Indian forum spam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The use of manually approved posts for new members has been effective at eliminating the spam posting we once saw. What we see now is accounts created where the spam advertising is contained in the About section. We tend to be pretty efficient at spam cleaning those accounts. Often the businesses being advertised are based in India or the Far East, but sometimes they are in the US or Australia. On a few occasions I have left messages on the offending company’s website to let them know that A) advertising via spam is pretty poor and B) that their money is being wasted advertising a local US property service on random non-US forums.

Yesterday we had another such account created, this time for a UK company. Rather than just delete it, I thought it would be more of a service to share their details.

Anyone curious can find that the first IP is a vpn, while the second is not, and is from India.

38CEB3F0-CE30-4C67-91AF-126B2C4EFE87.png

The base business appears to be a sort of middleman organiser that brings in other contractors. They have emphasised the spray foam business here, and these days who doesn’t want a better insulated loft, right?

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t want to risk spray foam and I would be cautious about a company if I knew they supported forum spamming, but YMMV.

ATB

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Spray foam applications are currently messing up a huge number of property sales as surveyors cannot determine the condition of the timber battens concealed by the spray foam and consequently will not sign off on building society/bank loans and mortgages. Even respectable companies cannot guarantee that they will not make your home unsaleable.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
A short comment on the technical side:
The problem is that foam sprayed after building often forms moisture barriers in places where it is detrimental (meaning it blocks moisture inside the wall or ceiling), not the foam itself. If done properly during construction PU foams are a fairly coast effective heat insulation.

Few things last as long as mineral wool though, in certain cases organic fiber insulation has superior moisture transfer properties.

All in all the question "what is the best heat insulator for buildings" is still open.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE