Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Watching the last episode of sherlock.... We really need some plaster of Paris..... Could make loads at local pub from the tourists! Lol

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
In the last episode, ep2. A yokel at the pub had a cast of a HUGE pawprint (of the hound)

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Great minds :)

The chicken feet may leave some tracks that'll confuse any tracker types ;)

I'll carry the larger tent down for ya mate, I normally go light anyway (and end up making several trips to the car :)), Hopefully by the time I've set up, you'll be landing, and I can either set it up for ya, or help you set it up. Won't start without you, just so it's not in the wrong place for ya. See ya Friday all :headbang:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Really no need Adam but you are a star. Will ring/radio through so don't rush and maybe catch you on one of your trips :)

No need to pitch if you beat us to the woods, have to give some thought to my hammock location anyways

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Then all that is needed is to create story of some rare birds released on the moors by accident, something exotic, (insert full story here) , that were believed to have died out - but it seems may still be seen by those patient enough sit on the moors all day waiting!

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Then we just need photoshop to construct a rather hazey photo of one in the distance, chasing a sheep.

Of course the problem is that at night they like to come down off the moors and roost in small woodland areas, preferably by a stream - and are attracted by shiny things - like cans.

Last edited:
Something like this?

moorlandcreature.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning , just popped down to feed the animals , bad news i am afraid , Hugh Fearnley Newmanstall , got eaten by a raptochicken in the night , not to panic i have buried him in the old woodland drop , but i will need a hand to extend the ground oven as the offending beast ( which i killed with my bare hands ) even when plucked , is huge should feed us all for the weekend .

Oi Lucy , i see your cunning plan to talk about me didn't work ! they were too wrapped up in tents and footprints !

I just hope i can last , until someone else that can cook/open tins etc arrives , know what ? i might dig him up , sit him by the fire , its company until he starts to smell , then chuck him straight on the fire !

Right back up to camp , to erect an anti rapto fence .

Ivan...

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Oi Oi!

Been a bit out of it since the 'Revenge' meet - apologies!

Gutted I can't be at this meet but I have a stag do on Sunday to attend. Hope you all have a great time, hopefully catch up with you another time.

Also I think Chris has put up some photos if you haven't already seen them on the other thread.

All the best,

Joel

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all, got myself car trouble need new exhaust my side door needs to be fixed for mot and timing chain needs replacing that includes a new water pump still need new tyres plus rear shocks after all she is 10 yrs old so will come saturday instead it will have to be a cheap weekend regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE