You don't need to be in the countryside.............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
......to see wild life. Took these pics 10 minutes ago of next doors lawn :D

web027ba.jpg

Nope, I can't see you so you can't see me....

web033dv.jpg

Oh alright, I give in, I can see you, you can see me, but what you gonna do about it huh?

and to give you an idea of the location

web016ff.jpg

It's still there now, poked up it's head when I tried the flash and then just went straight back to sleep again :D

It was nice to see it was in good condition as well as every now and then, the local fox population gets hit by mange.

the last pic was actually the first I took fromthe bedroom window, the others were taken over the fence using the screen to see the fox (Tall fence) the camera is an Olympus C750 Ultrazoom, not a particularly new camera, but 4 Mp lense and a 10 times optical zoom

EDIT - I guess I was about 20 feet away the the close ups, the white marks in the foxes eyes are the flash reflection

BorderReiver said:
Nice one Jon.

Might be a bit unwell do you think? Or are urban foxes really that tame?
The urban foxes round here really are that tame. In fact they are positively brass necked round here, I've had my lunch stolen in the local parks on more than one occasion :rolleyes:

This particular one is a local, I've seen him a few times, but never settled for long enough to take a pic

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Motorbike Man said:
the last pic was actually the first I took fromthe bedroom window, the others were taken over the fence using the screen to see the fox (Tall fence) the camera is an Olympus C750 Ultrazoom, not a particularly new camera, but 4 Mp lense and a 10 times optical zoom

EDIT - I guess I was about 20 feet away the the close ups, the white marks in the foxes eyes are the flash reflection
Well impressed then. Tame or not, that's a great pic and just shows you dont need the 500mm lenses, tripods, wolly jumpers and beards to get great wildlife shots!
(I bet this is where you tell us you have the woolly pullover and beard!)

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
beachlover said:
Well impressed then. Tame or not, that's a great pic and just shows you dont need the 500mm lenses, tripods, wolly jumpers and beards to get great wildlife shots!
(I bet this is where you tell us you have the woolly pullover and beard!)
Well the C-750 is 380mm equivalent :p
Great shot matey, I love the captions!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Friend of mine who lives in Bexleyheath (London Suburbia) has a maiting pair who live in his shed! When you walk in , they just look up at you as if to ask why you are in THEIR shed? They make no effort to run off, and just go back to sleep. So cool...

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
Urban foxes are a damn nuisance when you've got poultry! Normal timid rural foxes at least have the decency to wait until dusk before eating your ducks, but urban ones'll have them for elevenses. :rolleyes:

Lovely photos though! :D One of my housemates would be incredibly jealous of you, he's a keen wildlife photographer but so far he's only seen birds.

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
Motorman, I got an Olympus C765 for £205 and thereby saving £70 if I would have bought it on the high street! Well happy with it. Great flexibility in options. Esspecially impressed with shooting in low light conditions or night without the using the specified mode. Ill post some pictures of the duck nest in my back garden - last week 11 little ones walked out!

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
reinhardt_woets said:
Motorman, I got an Olympus C765 for £205 and thereby saving £70 if I would have bought it on the high street! Well happy with it. Great flexibility in options. Esspecially impressed with shooting in low light conditions or night without the using the specified mode. Ill post some pictures of the duck nest in my back garden - last week 11 little ones walked out!

You forgot to mention where you bought this bargain. :)

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Lovely pics, I'm jealous. My Fuji FinePix S602z is great for Macro stuff but I've not managed to take any really good distance shots like that. It doesn't seem to like low light either, but then it might help if I got round to reading the manual.

Looks like you've found a great little camera there mate. I'll have to keep my eye out for one too.

...none on eBay today :(

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
FeralSheryl said:
Lovely pics, I'm jealous. My Fuji FinePix S602z is great for Macro stuff but I've not managed to take any really good distance shots like that. It doesn't seem to like low light either, but then it might help if I got round to reading the manual.

Looks like you've found a great little camera there mate. I'll have to keep my eye out for one too.

...none on eBay today :(
That S602 is an excellent camera - if I were you I'd read the manual and unlock all the things it can do! You could go far with one of those :)

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Yeah, I really think I should. In fact I hereby resolve to dig it out and do that this evening!

I'm too lazy about things like that. Kinda expect it all to be intuitive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE