Woodlore Knife Pro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Is that a death mask? Although I'm guessing the hair strands don't get into Death masks.?

Not so much a Man cave as a Museum.

Reactions: JonathanD

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Nothing wrong with collecting if that is all you are doing.

My objection, if you would call it that, is that a huge number of punters feel they need to fork out hundreds for knives, that are not ideal, simply because Mr Mears says that is what they need. It's a racket in my opinion and marketing terms like "Designed for professionals" are pure exploitation.

I suppose some people and their money are easily parted.

I've just parted with 50p at a boot sale for a beautiful, Sheffield steel pocket knife, twin tapered 1.7 - 1.4mm carbon steel blades that have stropped up razor sharp.

Old school craftsmanship of a bygone age. Made for amateurs like me.

Reactions: eraaij

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I really like the blade design of this one, having handled one recently it’s a knife that has been really well thought out. The handle hasn’t changed much but it fits well in the hand, the lines are lovely and it cuts beautifully too, a lot of power when you need it and very manoeuvreable for fine work. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash, and that’s not because it holds any logo, it really is a good knife designed by someone who knows what they’re doing.

That said, I do have my heart set on the Lars Falt knife too, another design by someone who knows what they’re talking about.

Fjellstorm

Jan 30, 2014
Kassel,Germany
I have a few pictures from that trip I’ll have a look on my old notebook., it was a simple flat ground knife with wooden scales. Standard in size. Since then I wondered that „his“ knife is advertised as more of a Woodlore like knife.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have a few pictures from that trip I’ll have a look on my old notebook., it was a simple flat ground knife with wooden scales. Standard in size. Since then I wondered that „his“ knife is advertised as more of a Woodlore like knife.
I think I know what it was. That’s his design too from around 15 years ago. I can’t remember the name.

Reactions: Fjellstorm

Fjellstorm

Jan 30, 2014
Kassel,Germany
Honestly I don’t really know.. it looks very much like it but then again it’s a hunting knife with wooden scales. I was very much busy listing to all the Swedish talking. But I think it is the one. I don’t know the weight I haven’t held it .

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Original Lars Fält knife was made by Kay Embretsen
The link below is a Guy Stainthorp version. Lars Falt Instructors Knife,

Another picture
Post number 9 https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/lars-falt-pocket-knife-by-casstrom.245289/

Stefan Aberg also makes a version.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE