woodland for courses, yeeahh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
we have just settled a deal with the owner of a large deciduous woodland, the result is permission to run bushcraft courses within the woodland. the woodland is host to a variety of species of mammals such as roe deer, foxes, badger, squirrel, sometimes hare and as rumour would have it, big cats that run up trees. the woodland is predominantly deciduous, it hosts beech, oak, rowan, birch, willow, alder and elder aswell as larch, red cedar and scotts pine. now that the site is sorted we can soon kick start with the courses, which will range from day sessions to long weekends.

here are some pictures I took earlier, great conditions for photos :).

DSCF8038.jpg

DSCF8041.jpg

DSCF8043.jpg

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I have been searching for ages for a decent course, 1 that is financially viable and covers the stuff I want to learn (which is only the basics) but its proving very difficult indeed!!
Let me no when your running your courses mate, I would be very interested!!
Best of luck
Steve

Jan 29, 2012
bedford
I will be interested in any courses you run. I have spent several years around bedfordshire and borders searching for some woods that my viking re enactment group could run around in for a day. tried really hard but got no where. alan

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
cheers everyone,
the woodland is in the mendip hills in somerset, around 45 minutes from bath, bristol and 20 minutes from frome. we hope to have the programe up and running within the next month.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Mate that is awesome news .
You have been very focused on doing this and you have not given up , I am really happy this is coming togeather for you Josh :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Congrat dude on finding somewhere. Looks like things are coming along nicely. I hope everything goes well in your venture. Might have to come down mate for a guided tour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE