Wooden camp box... Searching for (a good one)...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonimouse

Sep 17, 2008
Somerset
There's a chap down by Honiton who would make you some of those for a sensible price, makes kitchens and such stuff. Used to make church organs so his timber craft is fair

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
If you can't make one try military surplus, but don't just look at wooden ones. They have a lot of fibreglass, and abs plastics as well. I once got a dozen fibreglass ex missile boxes, and sold them on to a band for the instruments etc.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
The wooden boxes used to hold 12 bts of wine on their sides are pretty good and can be easily adapted. Alternatively (plastic not wooden), Wickes do an excellent waterproof toolbox that is great for fitting in camp-stuff, especially if you move around by canoe

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Keep an eye out in the german supermarkets as they have similar boxes in Germany for the kids toys. In fact, my girls have a bunch of them for their toys, I now know what to do with them when they are older and don't use them any more!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
My dad had these in ply they could be knocked up very easy i'm sure, what about wicker baskets, ikea have good ones with leather straps, i fancied them for food etc as they wouldn't hold water in the bottom if something got spilt, obviously anything liquid/cool could go in the cool box. We have heavy duty plastic ones at work if you are near edinburgh!!!!!!!!!!!

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Not for Bushcraft, but keep thinking of doin some like that for camping.

There are some really nice deigns out there, like the tuck boxes.

I agree with the comments previously posted regarding scout patrol / tuck boxes - which IIRC originated from ammo boxes (as per other posts).

Hence, it's probably worth contacting the likes of Anchor Supplies or the likes.

An alternative I haven't seen posted but have seen in use by Ben McNutt at Woodsmoke is Wolf Boxes, whilst they are some type of plastic, they seem fairly 'bombproof' and come in green !!

Hope this helps.

PS. Rothley Bill you have a PM

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's these from Pathfinder

http://www.pathfinderdistribution.com/products/crates/krat.asp

krat1_sm.jpg

Although I've not handled them and they may not be deep enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE