Withdrawal symptoms

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Evening, we had a beautiful edition to the family just over a month ago, she couldn't be more adorable, and I'm so proud of her and her mum of course, also was a little apprehensive about how both my dogs would be but I can safely say there both very gentle and loving towards her even checking when she cries. But I'd never be daft enough to leave them alone as I no how quickly a accident can happen.
Other than walking the dogs iv not had much chance to get out lately and it's becoming an itch that really needs scratching! I'm a very hands on dad and like to get involed with everything but it does take its toll being on my feet 16 hours a day and not getting much sleep, but I finally feel I'm getting used to it and can't wait to to get back in the woods and out keeping fit.
Anyway reading bcuk has kept me sane at some silly hours so thanks for that,
And hello go all the new members iv noticed
tujarahy.jpg

jybu9yvy.jpg

9e3yje7u.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Congratulations to both of you, not going to show the wife these pics as im sure she'd have another baby in a minute(weve got 2 girls and a boy)your daughters beautiful. ps dont get any easier as they get older(mine drive me nuts on a daily basis,would'nt change it though)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sod the dogs, enjoy the beautiful child and wife :)

I'm a hands on grand dad and that a wonderful thing to experience too, and the returns policy is better with grand children :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
What a cutie. Congrats :)
My littlun is two and a half so its all still fresh in my memory and hopefully it will be for ever.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Get a sling, and get out. The first few weeks with a first baby are the steepest learning curve of your life. If your pre baby normal was a long weekend walks the sooner you can do it the more like normal you feel, and the less totally nackered you will be. My first born was 3 1/2 YEARS!!!!! old when she slept through the night, they dont get special forces to do that leave of sleep depravation.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Cheers fellas I love being a dad and can't wait to do things together but I'm in no rush as I realise they grow up so quick, brought myself a baby carrier so should be able to get out for some nice walks, hopefully the weather will pick up a bit soon!

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Congratulations to all!

It'll slow down. Take your time, enjoy what you do. Befor long you'll be facing lovers at the frontdoor or at your diningtable! ;)

Congratulations on the newborn. Speakin as another hands on dad its great.the forum definitely kept me sane at bizarre hours of night and day.
Get the wee lass bundled up and outside. I noticed with jake as long as he was warm he was happy t be out and about.

As for sleep jakes almost two and I only get a decent sleep when out in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE