Winter- Bring it on!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The med in general should be warm now, end of September, latent heat etc. I swam on xmas day when I lived on Cyprus, not overly warm but not nut shrinkingly cold either.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Give the Discovery a good once over. Put my name down on the emergency action snow response team at work 'cos I'm a 4x4er (it's gripped). That's usually enough to ensure we get a wet mild winter down south.

Glad to hear that one. My daughter-out-law is a doctor in East Sussex. Last year but one she relied on people like you to get her to the hospital so she could deal with the huge influx of emergencies from slipping and falling on ice. Even though she lived in a town, the street where she lived was too icy and snow bound for her to get her car up the hill to the main road. It may not seem as glamourous as mountain rescue in the Highlands, but people like you perform an equally vital service. Good on you.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Last winter in Aldershot we had the same, grey drizzle, year before we had two weeks of snow, year before that we were Living in north Scotland so had proper winters
:)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I have to be the ole Scrooge here and say I hate the snow, when you have to work in it all day from sunrise to sunset over all sorts of terrain ( Ploughed fields are the worse) you quickly detest it.

I don't mind frost, but the snow can stay on the postcards as far as I am concerned.

During winter I dont get the time to enjoy it as im so busy trying to keep things going the most time consuming is cutting enough fuel to keep to fires going.

atb

Craig

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
I was away for the last week, and when I came back found that a shedload of rain had come down the chimney, and the TV aerial had been reorientated. Autumn is in full flow here. On the plus side, the blackberries are marvellous and have been for a fortnight. But where I live, exposed to the SE gales, it's time to cut some sods and put them on the corner of the roof...

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I'm almost enjoying the winter. Northern Lapland during last week:
1497992.jpg

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Finnish Meteorological Institute is predicting snow to Northern and Central Finland for the upcoming weekend. Based on that information, here's my personal air quality prediction for upcoming months.[video=youtube;QlvOuJ3pzhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvOuJ3pzhI[/video]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice little winter taster trip here:

[video=youtube;YTcFAzJpImM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcFAzJpImM[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE