Wildwood Bushcraft - anybody tried them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

I'm considering doing a bushcraft course run by Wildwood Bushcraft, who are based in Scotland. Has anybody tried them, and if so, what did you think?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Ask me in a couple of weeks!!

I'm going on a winter bushcraft course on the 25th.

What I do no the head teacher Leon seems very nice indeed!!

Cheers
Steve

N

Nomad

Okay, sounds good. Look forward to hearing how things go, Steve.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I've just started looking into Wildwood Bushcraft courses and, as a beginner, they seem perfect for me in terms of content and location. I'm near Edinburgh and the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park is fairly accessible and I know my way around. I'm also going to the Highlands in March for a three day trip.

I think I'll look into the Bushcraft Day Course. Has anyone taken part in this? Leon sounds very knowledgeable.

As there isn't a specific date for the Bushcraft Day Course, do you think I should contact them?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Can anyone tell me what months the Bushcraft Day Trossachs course are on? I inquired and Leon sent me an email that links to the same course webpage that I've been looking at. I need to know the actual dates. I don't want to appear needy and ask him again... I inquired for the date and he didn't give me any information.

http://www.wildwoodbushcraft.com/courses/bushcraft/bushcraft_day_scotland_course.htm

There are no dates on the website yet mate.
Just email Leon back and say that there are no dates in his website for that day, he is a too bloke and won't mind 1 bit

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
There are no dates on the website yet mate.
Just email Leon back and say that there are no dates in his website for that day, he is a too bloke and won't mind 1 bit

I sent him this message: [It seems you've linked me to the same page that I was on before. What I'm reading is "Bushcraft Day Course (Trossachs) - Inquire for public dates and custom courses." On the actual page for said course there doesn't appear to be any information concerning the actual month and specific date on which the course takes place. That is what I need to know.]

I'm just confused, is all. I inquired for the specific date and he didn't give me any dates at all, just linked me to the page I already read...

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I sent him this message: [It seems you've linked me to the same page that I was on before. What I'm reading is "Bushcraft Day Course (Trossachs) - Inquire for public dates and custom courses." On the actual page for said course there doesn't appear to be any information concerning the actual month and specific date on which the course takes place. That is what I need to know.]

I'm just confused, is all. I inquired for the specific date and he didn't give me any dates at all, just linked me to the page I already read...

With all the courses he has on and how busy he is this week I would imagine he prob thinks he has put the dates up for it.
Don't worry, he is a very nice bloke so will be fine

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
With all the courses he has on and how busy he is this week I would imagine he prob thinks he has put the dates up for it.
Don't worry, he is a very nice bloke so will be fine

This is rather awkward. He hasn't replied to me in an entire day. I just want to know the dates for Bushcraft Day Course (Trossachs). Something so simple shouldn't, well, be so complicated.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I've done several courses with Leon. His navigation course was fantastic.

not sure if he isn't out on a course at the moment so may not be near a computer for a few days. Be patient mate, he will get back to you.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I've done several courses with Leon. His navigation course was fantastic.

not sure if he isn't out on a course at the moment so may not be near a computer for a few days. Be patient mate, he will get back to you.

Your not wrong, we were chattin and he told me he was doing a liar of work in schools this week so that may be it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE