Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robm

Feb 11, 2016
Germany
yeah goodjob with them, what's your camera setup and how do you process your pictures?

I'm using a Sony Alpha 6000 as primary camera.

Lenses very much depend on the situation, though I'm a big fan of old Rokkor (Minolta) manual focus glass - got several of those and enjoy using them.

As far as post processing goes I'm (obviously) using Lightroom for the standard adjustments and Nik Collection for finer grained stuff.

This one was taken with a 30 year old Tokina RMC 400/5.6, I absolutley love the sharpness of this old fellow:

16756620935_07dc589b19_b.jpg

Rob.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Cool, I'm using an a6000, it's lovely camera, I've not got an adapter for other lenses though, what one have you got?

I don't use much software, it's something I need to get my head around a bit more...

robm

Feb 11, 2016
Germany
The make of the adapter doesn't really matter that much. After all it's just a piece of metal with no electronics whatsoever.

Just make sure it has the correct bayonet for your intended lens manufacturer.
Oh and don't pay too much for that piece of metal - I'd say 15-20 € at max.

Shooting RAW and using software to post process or I should rather say develop your "electronic negatives" gives you so much more possibilities.
It's pretty much the only way to make use of the fantastic dynamic range of all these great new cameras - you should definitely give it try :).

Rob.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
He was pacing the electrical fence, as his mate was on heat on the other side, and his back paws were literally a larger diameter than the tops of bar stools.
Just such an amazing creature.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
When I lived in Canada I always hoped to see one, in Newfoundland where I was for 6 months they had the odd bear swim onto shore but never close enough for me to get to see, other than that it's always zoo's etc. As you say, amazing creatures.

You're other pics are great as well ;)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here are some sprintails I shot today while out on aa little safari on a recently felled pine plantation.

This large one was found in a piece rotting birch

Pogonognathellus longicornis by Alf Branch, on Flickr

These were all on the surface of small stagnent pools. This is my first time shooting them on water.

Pogonognathellus longicornis on water by Alf Branch, on Flickr

These were quite small no bigger than 3 mm long

Protaphorura aurantiaca by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Protaphorura aurantiaca + Symphypleona by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This one was very small and is a heavy crop

small springtail by Alf Branch, on Flickr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE