Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
These water voles are really cute (can't say that about the spiders, even if the pictures are excellent), thanks for sharing!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I mean I have no idea on either :eek:

I'm going to try the caterpillar on the UK moths caterpillar identifier, but the wasp almost certainly has me beaten.

Wait! Unless it is a sawfly... wrong angle to tell though. need to see the head from above (dorsal view).

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Wasp might be something in the genus Ancistrocerus, but my book says they are very difficult to disguish, which gives me a get-out clause. Lovely picture though, which is more important than the identification in this thread.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
By way of distraction, here's another small copper butterfly, showing exactly why it is named that

9822793655_2ffef36bc1_b.jpg

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Aaah, again these creatures with 6 leggs :pokenest:
Great picture, hornets are really impressive animals. We had a nest on the house once (and I managed to get stung while taking pictures at the nest), but this year I haven't seen many of them.

Another mammal, it's an old picture from 2005 when visiting the Pasterze glacier below the Grossglockner in the Austrian Alps. The Marmots there are wild, but used to tourists so no problem getting a nice picture.
Marmot.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE