Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Got out for a bit with the dogs yesterday afternoon. Only boiled enough for a brew.
Have to say it was very fuel efficient, minimal ash residue. :cool: I'll have to experiment with types of fuel & burn times. Light, easy to use & cheap to buy from China. IMAG0120.jpg

Hypnagog

Nov 12, 2012
Essex
hotchpotchblog.wordpress.com
Would a soldering mat be a good idea to take in the woods?

I tried a similar mat with my WildWoodGas stove and it left a scorch mark underneath.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104770

I've also had a scorch on concrete with it. In that thread DigiTracker suggested a biscuit tin which seems like a good idea. I'm hunting round for one the right size at the moment.

I'd be great to be able to leave no trace at all, not even scorched stones.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For the scorching I have used the small bowl/plate that comes with the zebra billy to stand mine on. You could stand it in but may effect the draw of air.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
few of these on ebay now for 45 quid

wildstoves put a comment on theirs now also

NB: some other products similar in appearance to this stove are now being sold but are not original products. The Wild Woodgas Stove is sold in partnership with the original designer and manufacturer, and comes fully boxed and packaged with comprehensive instructions

Last edited:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Mine has arrived, albeit packed in a Royal Mail "item arrived damaged" bag. The stove wasn't damaged but the thin packaging pretty well destroyed.

No doubt it's a far cry in quality from my legit stove but should perform well.

Paul, my fishing rod arrived today too. Does yours fit together ok!
The last section of mine doesn't fit at all.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Tamarack are going to launch a ti woodgas stove soon. Video on the homepage. 18 mins for 500ml is poor but it would be a good indicator that its a pleasant stove to cook on

http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/

That looks very much like something I've seen before. I think it was called the Bush Buddy. I copied it when making my home made job. The Tamarack cooker in the link would probably have been much faster had he been using a decent wind shield. The holes at the bottom are very susceptible to wind as these cookers are all about air flow. It'll be a decent cooker.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
http://www.amazon.co.uk/7-Piece-6ft...sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1363613570&sr=1-1

to stay marginally on topic, my second stove has just been delivered :D

As in the china clone or the British (ehm ...) sold one?
50 GBP incl shipping still seems steep does it not? 50 USD would have been more sensibe IMO. Not exactly rolex quality materials and workmanship is it?

And I have been informed the clone I ordered has now been shipped from the land of the paper tigers.

+ edit OMG a British? titanium clone of the US/Chineese solo stove that is a replica of the Canadian bush buddy stove. I wonder how much it will cost. Not that I can afford one regardless, but still. Very chic. Maybe even more so than the ti-version caldera cone.

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
They are £13 delivered from amazon in the uk. The quality of the carbon layup is very good and the lined guides look fine. Its not a high end rod but will meet my needs

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
To be fair, the woodgas stove is not a clone of the bush-buddy/bushcooker - its wider and imo overall a better, more stable stove. Worth £50? If you're prepared to pay £50, clearly yes! Value for money? Only you can answer that, as the question applies only to our own perceptions/requirements/needs etc. Clearly, a copy for less than half-price is better VFM if one ignores the moral questions that raises...!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The only moral question is wether you want to spend £50 in the Uk or £20 to china, apart from the new pot stand both of them appear to be from the same factory. It would be interesting to see if there is any diff between the UK sourced one and the chinese one, apart from £30. I do have the new one and was happy to have spent my money on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE