Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have also bought the 14cm zebra lunch box for it, think I paid £15 deliverd for it, it is the same as the MSR one but a few quid cheaper. Fits in perfectly with no spare space

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I dont think there are any moral considerations. The stove does not have anything patented so to me im just buying from the cheapest supplier.

I agree in this instance - as you know I've bought a chinese one too, purely because of the price! I'm guessing with this particular design that it actually started out in the far east, and a clever marketing agent spotted an opportunity to sell in the UK for prices comparable to the Bush Buddy, rather than it being developed here, and copied over there.

But there are issues with far-eastern copies - safety being only one, threats to ongoing R&D being another. For example, Kovea in Korea produce a multifuel stove (Booster +1) that has passed all the safety tests in Scandinavia, and was good enough to be sold by Brunton in the USA as a Brunto Lander stove. However, you can go online and find lots of adverts for multifuel stoves, sold as Booster +1s, which clearly aren't (and appear to be based on stoves that have failed the scandinavian tests for safety). Kovea only claim that the stove is a white gas/canister gas stove, but the "clones" are selling them as burning all types of liquid fuel

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
The price is going up on the fakes. They were ~18 USD a week ago. Any prospective buyers could msg the seller asking for a lower price.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Difficult to tell mate. I dont own the original but they are well put together. I do know the original is made in China so the likelyhood is they are the same thing

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
ive mailed the supplier suggesting they are being greedy and would probably get more business if they adopt a fair i.e the original price. will post up if they reply

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
The new model's page mentions "solo stove", and one of the photos shows what looks like the solo stove or BB clone (the pic under the word "campers". I agree - too expensive.

An m9 bayonett style knife in on of the pics. They must have learned from the Americans to always bring fighting knives when them into the camping place :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Köld;1279901 said:
The new model's page mentions "solo stove", and one of the photos shows what looks like the solo stove or BB clone (the pic under the word "campers". I agree - too expensive.

An m9 bayonett style knife in on of the pics. They must have learned from the Americans to always bring fighting knives when them into the camping place :)

You don't? How do you protect yourself from unprovoked attacks by killer hedgehogs?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Seems they will do a lower price if a few club together! Im going away shortly so cant get involved in arranging a group buy. On my return from Estonia i may see about arranging a group buy. here is the message received

jackie yang: OK,Paul.
Thank you for supporting me! Our production costs have increased, you can look at how many friends need, I'll give your friend a discount as long as they first do not pay, and indicate that you described, I will give them to adjust the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE