why do i hoard bushcrafting kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Just had a massive clearout of books, clothing and kit I have not used for ages. Now doing the policy if I dont wear it I get rid of it.
Had far to any pans, mugs, knives etc never used.

Only Kept my coats. What would you keep or do you hoard to much of that you never use.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
First of all you are not alone, my therapist is still working with me, apparently the Internet doesn't help my cause and now have parental lock on my browser and my wife says, until I can behave myself it will stay that way!!!!:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
First of all you are not alone, my therapist is still working with me, apparently the Internet doesn't help my cause and now have parental lock on my browser and my wife says, until I can behave myself it will stay that way!!!!:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

Ha ha ha I think we may all be guilty

Sent from somewhere?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yeah, Just realising how much Ive wasted. So going to be strict from now on unless I need it or to replace something worn out or thrown out.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have been selling some of my old kit to finance new kit. It's amazing what you can sell on ebay. Broken eTrex GPS - 4 quid. Ok, it's not a great deal, but it's better than the bin, and I was amazed it sold at all!

We all end up with more kit than we need generally as we're trying to find the perfect setup, and so have to experiment, and practice a lot to find the kit that suits us. Suppose that's why we practice bushcraft.

J

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
"we're trying to find the perfect setup, and so have to experiment" - Had to take my hoarding in hand tho did do MANY conversions from upcycled materials - still hoard/experiment with: photokit, campkit, fishkit, DIY "resources"...

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
"It used to drive Debs mad, until she became a teacher: "Have we got such and such?" "Yep, I've got one of those in the Garage... I'll just go and get it.""
Haha been there & still doin that - it's SUCH a good (smug :cool:) feeling!!!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Reckon we should start a thread showing off all our bushy stuff? not for gloating aspects, but for sheer 'yep.. I'm not the only one' lol.

Luckily I don't have pots and pans and tents etc, just the tools and a few vintage things I've gotten from junk shops.. but it's still alot.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm now down to
7 sleeping bags
3 bergens
3 day packs
6 cook kits
4 tarps
12 knives
6 axes
and still consider myself in need of more kit.
The wife is getting a bit cheesed off now as I had to move the sofa away from the wall to store it all.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I insisted on and got a walk in store room with floor to ceiling racking and a large loft space for camping and bushcraft gear when we had an extension put on the house....there's still stuff in the shed and spare bedroom...... I'm going to ring somebody to help me.....I'm drowning.....

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I prefer to think of what some call "Hoarding" as my duty of care in providing all this lovely kit with it's penultimate destination before recycling and passing onwards - I see it as a moral duty and just do it, however much I might dislike having all this lovely stuff surrounding me 'till it's time for a clearout :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE