Who's going to the Moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yup, looking forward to seeing some old online friends who I finally met in the last year, and meeting those who I haven't as of yet. I'm very much looking forward to meeting the Lords and having my first flint knapping lesson by the best flint knapper in the country, and also looking forward to possibly getting in on a hand drill workshop somewhere to try and achieve something other than blue air! :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thats a point, is the flint knapping full? I didnt sign up, but since thought I aught to. But I remember it was limited places.

mittenz

Jul 10, 2008
London
I am really looking forward to it all :) just ordered a tentipi today! Thanks Tony i feel a little more at ease.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
How many people are going in all? Im getting all excited now. Wont be any holidays for me this year, no spare cash. infact I wont be getting a break for a long time to come!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
How many people are going in all? Im getting all excited now. Wont be any holidays for me this year, no spare cash. infact I wont be getting a break for a long time to come!

I asked the same question and if I remember correctly he said there was 200 spaces for the whole weekend plus who ever comes as day visitors

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
lots of people are bringing children, i dont think they are factored in as they pay, so its most likely more than 200.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm not bringing any of my brats! maybe next year, when we all have to travel down by horse and cart and actually live a bushcraft style existence due to the catastrophe that is looming.

****This weeks slice of TEOTWAWKI was brought to you by Spamel!****​

:D

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Right.

Tomorrow I'm off on my Scout troops annual camp, to Dorset. And on Friday I pack up from there and travel to the Bushmoot! (Does this make me the first to leaave for it this year? :D )

I'll see everyone in Wales!

welshnik

Jul 11, 2008
South Wales
Hi can someone clarify for me if we are supposed to have tickets for the Moot - and we are camping on the Saturday, so what time is best to arrive and set up? cheers!!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you've paid you should have received confirmation via email which includes the guidelines etc. Bring that with you ;-)

Arrive any time you want to during the day, it's all easy going:D

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I have a query about the taxi's, what do i say to them with regard to getting from the train station/tescos in bridgend to the moot.

"TAKE ME TO THE MOOT" and have them stare back blankley? :) or is it know locally as something ? will there be some random home made signs for the ppl driving themselves for me to look out for ?

/me has visions of waveing cheerio to taxi at some random woods shouting "see you in 5 days mate" and being completley in the wrong place... :D :D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE