who carrys a hip flask and whats your tipple (pics would be nice)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I carry one of these when out in the woods overnight, holds a pint of JD.

Pilots-Flask.gif

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
A stainless steel one from Ikea is the mainstay usually full of Sloe Gin or port. I've just bought a plastic one from Tiso that I've yet to try. My pewter one from a wardroom is a little too delicate for camping/outdoors.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I have a sigg bottle, the little black 0.6l job with cup. the only trouble is after i've filled it up i'm only left with 10cl of spirits :D
believe it or not i've had gin and tonic in there before but i wouldn't mind filling it with 15 or 18 yr old glenfiddich.

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
caution this may be blasphemy

stainless aldi flask, Sambuca in it

anything else would'nt make it to the hills,

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...stainless aldi flask, Sambuca in it

Sounds like good stuff, never tasted it though. Anything like Ricard/Ouzo/etc.?

And what's this stainless flask? Is it a hip flask? Never seen one at Aldi.

Just got another 4oz hip flask at British Heart Foundation swap shop, £1.40p. Trying to decide what to put in it now, don't think I need any more fuels... :)

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
caution this may be blasphemy

stainless aldi flask, Sambuca in it

Excellent choice my man :)

Its also nice if you leave your hip flask out and on the floor this time of year (somewhere safe) as nearly frozen sambuca go's all gloopy and tastes fantastic!

I always chuck a bottle in the freezer, but it dosen't stay there longer than a day or three, well... maybe two, sometimes less than one thinking about it.

TBL.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII hav serval flaskss of varoius makes nd sizes whicch get usedd for diffrnt brews fm whiskkkky to SLOW gin.
Ruddy thigsss are alll emty now though... . :)

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Due to spending the last hour thinking about hip-flasks, or more the contents... Just made a compulsory purchase.

14vpuyx.jpg

It holds half a bottle of spirits (400cl) so i best get the rum half empty while i wait for it to arrive :)

Cheers!

TBL.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Yes, its a nice moral booster to have in the sticks. Sat under a tarp in the pouring rain with some port or maybe some rum, brandy, sherry or whiskey to drink straight or added to hot chocolate...hmmmm, a bushcraft party :dancer:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE