So what was in your Christmas stocking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Have to be honest!
91IhCt0n6GL.jpg

K
Hopefully you chucked that back at em like a chimp in the zoo chucks his own doings

I myself got Dave Canterbury's Trapping, Gathering & Cooking book , and bottle of me favourite Bulleit Bourbon

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
CRKT Liong Mah #5 slip joint in red. Lovely. Electro Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff, some Jiu Jitsu stuff (rashguard, t shirt etc), The Thing on blu ray. Best of all was tickets to see Iron Monkey in concert in April. My missus is awesome.

The Thing 1982 version? She's a good one indeed.

We didn't do presents as such, too many youngsters in the family so us adults just enjoy buying for them.

My mum gave me a bloody Fitbit though. It's cool, it's got green flashing LEDs on the back which look quite trippy when I chuck the thing under the bed. :240:

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
The Thing 1982 version? She's a good one indeed.

We didn't do presents as such, too many youngsters in the family so us adults just enjoy buying for them.

My mum gave me a bloody Fitbit though. It's cool, it's got green flashing LEDs on the back which look quite trippy when I chuck the thing under the bed. :240:
It's the newest remastered version of John Carpenter's The Thing. I have had several versions from the, DVD and Blu-ray, but this looks amazing. Lots of other extras too. I like watching films with audio commentary. Digital downloads are missing this , and I see fewer and fewer disc based films with worthwhile extras.
Re Fitbit. The silent 'vibration' alarm is wonderful.

Reactions: Nice65

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Santa (or at least various members of the Nomad tribe), managed to follow the links in my Xmas wish list and I got some very useful bits and pieces.

Particularly pleased with a Swiss Army rucksack - I wouldn’t want to carry one all day but waterproof and really great for carrying forestry and fencing tools, FAK etc.

Santa’s elves also picked up a DD bumbag (while on half price offer), which fits in the rucksack and holds more EDC items like water and a flask.

A three pack of British Army wool Arctic socks are doing a great job of keeping my toes toasty and some John Lewis-Stempel books (including his foraging guide) should help feed the brain (and possibly belly) in the coming months.

Mutual self interest meant that Mrs Nomad and I each treated the other to a 3 day HSE rated first aid course - a local restarurant was running one for their kitchen staff and offered it at a discounted rate for other local businesses.

Finally, a beekeeping course (just for me - Mrs N is allergic to stings) which should keep me busy (can you see what I did there!;)) over the summer.

A pretty good haul and since most of it was recycled or intangible - pretty “green”!:)

Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Santa (or at least various members of the Nomad tribe), managed to follow the links in my Xmas wish list and I got some very useful bits and pieces.

Particularly pleased with a Swiss Army rucksack - I wouldn’t want to carry one all day but waterproof and really great for carrying forestry and fencing tools, FAK etc.

Santa’s elves also picked up a DD bumbag (while on half price offer), which fits in the rucksack and holds more EDC items like water and a flask.

A three pack of British Army wool Arctic socks are doing a great job of keeping my toes toasty and some John Lewis-Stempel books (including his foraging guide) should help feed the brain (and possibly belly) in the coming months.

Mutual self interest meant that Mrs Nomad and I each treated the other to a 3 day HSE rated first aid course - a local restarurant was running one for their kitchen staff and offered it at a discounted rate for other local businesses.

Finally, a beekeeping course (just for me - Mrs N is allergic to stings) which should keep me busy (can you see what I did there!;)) over the summer.

A pretty good haul and since most of it was recycled or intangible - pretty “green”!:)
Really interesting pack that, never seen one before.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I got an arbortech ball gouge which is very cool, Christmas day I aggravated the neighbors experimenting with it. I spent less than two hours on these two things... It's a great bit of kit...

Big spoon from an old oak plank

IMG_5704.jpg

A made up face in a log
IMG_5735.jpg

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE