who carrys a hip flask and whats your tipple (pics would be nice)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
images-1.jpg

brandy

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
I just have a cheap stainless Jack Daniel's one. I normally fill it with Penderyn welsh whiskey, Danzy Jones or Southern Comfort

i used to live near the penderyn distillery spent a cracking evening there on a 'tasting' visit with my boss at the time

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
I have a wee Pewter Charles Rennie Mackintosh hip flask, filled with Legandario 7 sweet cuba rum I bought on holiday, which is running very low and i need more!!!!

has a wee dent in it from god knows where, will need to take it to work and get the dent out!!!

good wee tipple for a hip flask is a rusty nail, half drambuie half whisky, sipped round the fire it really is fantastic

hipflask.jpg

That's a cute little flask. Does it hold much?

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Anyone watch that mythbusters episode where they tested the effects of drinking when in extreme cold?
They found that it makes you feel warmer but lose heat due to the capillaries expanding in your skin making you lose heat quicker.....

Saying that i cant think of anything better than a slurp of rum when in the bivvy.. havana club 7yr if funds allow

btw anyone selling a hip flask i may be interested...let me know

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... mythbusters episode ... found that it makes you feel warmer but lose heat due to the capillaries expanding in your skin making you lose heat quicker.....

It's well known that alcohol reduces the body's ability to deal with cold conditions.

btw anyone selling a hip flask i may be interested..

:)

I've bought several from charity shops, just keep your eyes peeled when you're out at the shops.

Of course I only use them for fuels. :)

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It is just a bottle, a very nice looking bottle but still a bottle, the liquid inside will taste the same irrespective of the cost. My hip flask cost under a fiver for a stainless steel 5oz flask.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE