So what was in your Christmas stocking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As the title says what gifts did you get to unwrap today?

I got Spon, by Barn the Spoon and a mini drone from my beloved. I've already been banned from flying the drone in the house as it drives the dogs loopy :rolleyes: :lmao:

My bush son got me 'The Art of Fire' by Dan Hume which looks like it's going to be a great read :)

I also got some nice gifts from very generous members in the Crafty Secret Santa and Full members Brantub which I've posted about separately :cool:

Reactions: Man of Tanith

nicksteele1990

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2016
Cheshire
I was lucky enough to get a Kelly kettle and a good for my Barbour raincoat from my parents, and a new pair of boots, some wooly socks, and some cold-weather trousers from the in-laws. So now I get to go out with all new gear :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A bottle of Welsh Beer (a good one :) ) a book on failed science (flat earth etc) some sweeties and a second hand Dire Straits CD.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Barbour jacket from my fishing buddy (he had it in his wardrobe for years never wore it ) told him a story about how my wife's auntie washed mine when she stayed with us some years ago-pair of buffalo mittens from wife plus santuko kitchen knife new flat cap from daughter

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've got a thermal beanie, some smelly stuff, a shaving dish, soap and a badger brush, a real nice wool blanket,a pocket watch [as I can't abide things on my wrist] a beer and a minature whiskey.

I've also got to play with [read, fix / put together/ put batteries into] the kids toys.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I got a bottle of cider, 3 boxes sugar free turkish delight. (All the way from Turkey, -the good stuff...dare I say I do not like it?) and some cows horns, -big ones. I specified the colour, but I didnt realise they were getting me horns over 2 ft long!

Which is fine but I will feel less guilty about cutting up some small ones...I have three, and two are an almost match for a pair. I am going to hang them up and see if they start to look matched to my lightning eye...If they do, I will mount them up, Texas fashion.

(Tengu is still sulking over the Antique shop refusing to sell her the very big and appealing set they have had 40 years...)

The third I may make into a proper blast horn. (I have not got one.)

And most importantly; I got to see my family open their presents, I made and selected with great thought. They were indeed very pleased. (And they are hrd to get stuff for)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Lots of reading material, a Ryoba saw, woodburning pen, rounding plane, drill stand and sandpaper, lots and lots of sandpaper :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Have to be honest!
91IhCt0n6GL.jpg

K

Reactions: demographic

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I did get some Science Fiction too!
A collection of Philip K. Dicks novels, including 'Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep " which is the book the movie Blade Runner is based on.

Plus a Dashcam for my garage queen, some shirts, pair of shoes, a jar of Bottarga, a bottle of aged Rum, Swedish chocolate bars.
So nothing bushcrafty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I got some books, some good chocolates, some christmas mead and a mug to drink it out of. I'm currently enjoying all of these at once.

Pro tip for anyone buying presents: if you order jewellry for your wife from a maker calling himself 'hairy growler' don't get the delivery sent to your parents' house as it will have the company name emblazoned on the envelope, questions will be asked, answers will not be believed, and assumptions will be made about your marital activities... Nice jewellry though if your in the market for that kind of stuff. :oops:

Reactions: Nice65
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
CRKT Liong Mah #5 slip joint in red. Lovely. Electro Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff, some Jiu Jitsu stuff (rashguard, t shirt etc), The Thing on blu ray. Best of all was tickets to see Iron Monkey in concert in April. My missus is awesome.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I got some books, some good chocolates, some christmas mead and a mug to drink it out of. I'm currently enjoying all of these at once.

Pro tip for anyone buying presents: if you order jewellry for your wife from a maker calling himself 'hairy growler' don't get the delivery sent to your parents' house as it will have the company name emblazoned on the envelope, questions will be asked, answers will not be believed, and assumptions will be made about your marital activities... Nice jewellry though if your in the market for that kind of stuff. :oops:

haha! that gave me a right chuckle that.

My missus did good this year I got some nice nettle and wool material for making clothes, a bronze dagger blade from Bronze Age Swords, and a nice variety of books on history and drawing :)

Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE