Who Cant STAND It????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I have come to the conclusion that my life is dull boring and weather i like it or not im part of the rat race.....

i work my butt of for my boss and what do i get, well done keep it up, which i do, again keep it up, while others just trudge along i get to do all the hard work, for what, WELL DONE, i hate my job, and now i might be made redundant, i might hate my job but i still need it.....

life is so, just pants at the moment....

does anyone feel the same????

on a pluss note im of to the woods 2moz.....:):):):):):)

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
i'm jealous, i never used to get the well done, my old boss would litterally never talk to me unless it was to moan, which i wouldnt have minded if it wasnt for the fact he only got the job because he was the big bosses nephew,but then i got sacked, and took a leaf out of his book by working for my parents company, much more relaxed, hopefully i'll get my own business up and running by this time next year, and wont have to worry about so called ""superiors""

i keep thinking that the current society in many ways is like a reversal of chuchills words, never before has so much been owed by so few to so many, many people do the work, only a few get the benefit, in some of my previous jobs there were alot of people working getting hardly any of the money, and a few other people who did no work but got paid conciderably more, like i'd work for an hour make the company 90 quid, then get paid a fiver for it, while other people who only work 3 days a week some how manage to afford to live in a 2 million pound house

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey mate, sorry to hear you might be on the list. It's a terrible situation the way we treat those who are prepared to give everything so that we can feel safe at night. My old man was in the navy then the fire brigade. 1.5 years short of a full pension, kicked out for a condition he contracted in the navy, bugger all pension to boot.

As sh1@@y as my job may be, I'm still thankful I have one. SWMBO has been out of work for nearly a year now! Fortunately bushcraft can be a relatively cheap hobby once you have the basics and a means to get to the great outdoors.

Chin up mate, I wish there was something more useful I could say.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I work for myself. Its no bed of roses there either. Sick? No Pay. Holiday? No Pay. Sourcing new work? No Pay.

But, do I prefer it? Yep. If I do good, I get my reward (which is time off between jobs). If I do bad, I only have myself to blame.

I encourage those who don't enjoy working for others to look to starting up as an independent. Whether that is advising other firms on something you are good at, or gardening, cleaning windows or whatever. At least you find out if you can make the life you want. If you can't (as some friends have found) at least you know and can return to the world of working for others knowing you are better off working for someone else!

Red

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Every time I used to get the "Well done" it was always followed by "Now, can you start doing this as well..."

I don't work for them any more.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have come to the conclusion that my life is dull boring and weather i like it or not im part of the rat race.....

i work my butt of for my boss and what do i get, well done keep it up, which i do, again keep it up, while others just trudge along i get to do all the hard work, for what, WELL DONE, i hate my job, and now i might be made redundant, i might hate my job but i still need it.....

life is so, just pants at the moment....

does anyone feel the same????

on a pluss note im of to the woods 2moz.....:):):):):):)

I too, and I offer now apologies for quoting Hard-Fi, am working for the weekend. This particular weekend I will be heading out into the dense wilderness of Kielder Forest and I'll be taking my mountain bike with me. On Sunday I will be doing the family rounds with the child, and then cometh Monday. Misery will once again reign and the sky may as well fall. I will long for the days of civil unrest and the tumbling of society as we know it. Disenchantment will grow, but will plateau on Wednesday at about 14.00 hrs. Before long it will be Thursday evening and I will begin to watch Falling Skies no more than 15 minutes after Sky+ begins record it. Friday will be tantalisingly close and the world will be seen in a new light. Hope will rise with me on Friday morning and euphoria will build and peak at around 11 o'clock, but this will be short lived as the job I will be working on will inevitably over run. At around 18.00 hrs I will wheel my motorcycle from the workshop and she will scream louder than a banshee as she carries me away. I will once again be 48 hour happy.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks gents, just on a downer ATM, i need to get out and shake it off, going to walk the Cleveland way the week after next, 3 days 110 miles, should sort me right out, or adleast the pain from the blisters will take my mind off it....;)

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I too, and I offer now apologies for quoting Hard-Fi, am working for the weekend. This particular weekend I will be heading out into the dense wilderness of Kielder Forest and I'll be taking my mountain bike with me. On Sunday I will be doing the family rounds with the child, and then cometh Monday. Misery will once again reign and the sky may as well fall. I will long for the days of civil unrest and the tumbling of society as we know it. Disenchantment will grow, but will plateau on Wednesday at about 14.00 hrs. Before long it will be Thursday evening and I will begin to watch Falling Skies no more than 15 minutes after Sky+ begins record it. Friday will be tantalisingly close and the world will be seen in a new light. Hope will rise with me on Friday morning and euphoria will build and peak at around 11 o'clock, but this will be short lived as the job I will be working on will inevitably over run. At around 18.00 hrs I will wheel my motorcycle from the workshop and she will scream louder than a banshee as she carries me away. I will once again be 48 hour happy.

awesome.......

let us know what the forest is like, i think i will have a trip up there at some point, i have heard good things about it from Otterburn...

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Most blokes lead lives of quiet desperation.

"Life is islands of Ecstasy is an ocean of Ennui, and after the age of thirty land is seldom seen"

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Through bitter experience of some seriously bad times, being jobless, homeless and hopeless finally leading to depression and almost complete withdrawal from all forms of human contact.

Finally i realised that, it's wrong to feel self pity. We have it easy in comparison to many.

I'm still technically in the same situation but we have to play the hand we are dealt. The night is darkest before the dawn, look on the bright side etc

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah, feel the pain. The rat race stinks. I long to get out of it somehow and often hope for the collapse of society as an end the big machine of pain. Right now I'm working my butt of during the week and still skint. Had a 'promotion' to assistant manager but only acting so got all the stress and zero pay for it. Oh, I'm SSSOOO fed up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE