Who are your Hero's and Inspirational characters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Oi. Hardy is a hero of mine, but equally, so is Stan. Geniuses both.

sl.jpg

Hahahahahahaaa!!!

Touche (or should that be touchy? LOL)

Classic pairing Stan and Ollie, my old Mum (long deed RIP) made them Kilts when they visited Edinburgh.

"Onnnnn thaa, Blue-Ridge Mountains of Virginia, on the trail of the Lonsome Pine..."

I used to be in the Blockheads Tent of the Sons of the Desert many, many moons ago, but them fans were too "hardcore" to be honest. Dyed in the wool and all that.

Another fine mess I'd gotten myself into...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hahahahahahaaa!!!

Touche (or should that be touchy? LOL)

Classic pairing Stan and Ollie, my old Mum (long deed RIP) made them Kilts when they visited Edinburgh.

"Onnnnn thaa, Blue-Ridge Mountains of Virginia, on the trail of the Lonsome Pine..."

I used to be in the Blockheads Tent of the Sons of the Desert many, many moons ago, but them fans were too "hardcore" to be honest. Dyed in the wool and all that.

Another fine mess I'd gotten myself into...

Excellent, Stan and Ollie are brilliant. You'd have to Be Big to admit that. Did you wear fezzes, fezzes aren't cool.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
david attenborough
les hiddens
vincent price, christopher lee and peter cushing (hammer horror fan)
er indianna jones
david bellamy
jules verne
edgar allan poe
einstein **
and the biggest of all Charles Darwin

and in another way er silvia saint *** ;-D

** Einstein - if he'd copyrighted or patented E=mc squared he'd have made a bomb...

*** Silvia Saint - hahahahaaa

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Excellent, Stan and Ollie are brilliant. You'd have to Be Big to admit that. Did you wear fezzes, fezzes aren't cool.

We did, we did...

A great laugh, but some of the lads are really fanatical about Stan and Ollie.

I console myself though by watching Bonnie Scotland frequently.

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Exactly, although he didn't have false teeth. And was pretty nifty with a sword too.

He did. I've seen them, he had a wooden plate with 'inplants' of other peoples teeth!
He was right handed, cant have been that good with a sword..............you don't mean the Lady Hamilton connection?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
He did. I've seen them, he had a wooden plate with 'inplants' of other peoples teeth!
He was right handed, cant have been that good with a sword..............you don't mean the Lady Hamilton connection?

Hehe, I know the ones you mean, but they weren't actually his, they were his late fathers, when he died he only had one tooth missing and two cracked from the shrapnel that blinded him and ripped half his scalp off. He was very good with a sword, even after he'd had his arm shot off he practiced with his left. Emma, I'm sure was skillful with his sword too, that's why he couldn't be parted from her.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I struggle with "Actaws"

I'll take

Stovie
Magikelly
Jonathan D
Singteck
Jonnie P
Toddy
tombear
Fenlander

Real, honest, nice people who have all forgotten more than I will ever know. Not some one paid to know but experts who give for free

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I struggle with "Actaws"

I'll take

Stovie
Magikelly
Jonathan D
Singteck
Jonnie P
Toddy
tombear
Fenlander

Real, honest, nice people who have all forgotten more than I will ever know. Not some one paid to know but experts who give for free

That's really kind of you Red, especially as it is you that has inspired many of my posts. I believe that may be a paradox.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Bear Grylls (NOT!)

I have since my late teens been inspired by William Morris (the one who was not Lord Nuffield) he was the closest thing the nineteenth century had to a renaissance man, and what is not realised that he was an early ecologist.

He travelled in Iceland, translated Icelandic Saga's and was a pioneer of the arts and crafts. Those were the days when craft was craft and nothing "bush" about it all. The use of natural materials and dyes, rediscovery of lost arts, that was all part of his ethos.

Then maybe there is Che Guevara, every sixties and seventies student's poster child (whoops my age is showing) John Lennon, Woodie Guthrie, the "usual suspects"

My ultimate hero perhaps is Moondog, the "Viking of 54th street" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moondog

The eccentrics eccentric, and through the wonders of the internet I actually stumbled across his daughter.

Moondog was a man who endured hardship and went his own way, a distant relative of John Wesley Hardin.

I also admire John Fox the Quaker, in fact anybody who has "swum against the tide" of mundanity.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE