Which Backpack Have You Got?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 1, 2012
Darwen
Im looking for a good pack thatll hold everything for a few days but is a strong and solid pack that can take a beating as my spacial awareness isnt best just wondering what you guys have got and any recommendations you might have

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Don't know, mine was given to me years ago and I've never cared to find out. All I know is that it was army issue, it's green, holds everything I need and I can carry it on my back. Oh, there's some side pockets that unzip too.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
This is my Humpin' buddy,.....
2012_0602tracks0073.jpg

Wouldn't recommend it straight of the peg for long hikes though but with a few mods .....sweet as a nut......Can take all the beatin' you wanna give it......100liters of pure rucksackness.

EDIT : it's a PLCE longback bergen in case you're asking ..

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Duluth pack for me wouldnt have it any other way
iv got a lowe alpine salient as new i might sell if its the kind of thing your after feel free to message me if so. Cheers

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Two ALICE packs here. The medium I was issued plus a large I bought; both on frames. These days I usually carry the large and my Godson (age 10) is starting to carry the medium with a very light load-out. These are the only packs I've ever owned other than a BSA Yucca pack I carried for years back when I was in the Scouts (about 40 years ago)

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I got a Bulldog Golani Patrol Pack, But have yet to put it through its paces. Did use it to carry my chainsaw over a woodland walk (1 hr ish) and had no problems.

customer service from the company how ever was dire.. :(

but that as they say is another story. will include that in a review If I can get out this weekend.

May 1, 2012
Darwen
My budget is about 150 dont really want to spend more than that on it but would stretch for a good one thanks for all the replys giving me a good base to start my search :)

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Just picked up a Highlander tomahawk elite lx in black today. Looks sturdy, well stitched, comes with a lifetime guarantee too. gonna have a play and maybe put up a review.

56ad54b3-208c-d32c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 4, 2012
Devon
Evening all. I've an Eberlestock Halftrack that I use to hump a ton of kit. Really comfy and it's got front opening and a divider to split the main body into 2 separate compartments. Beat pack I've had.
I've a few MaxP ( Falcon II, Vulture and a Kodiak) for Little trips out n about.
Have you looked at Kifaru..?? The guys on BritishBlades forum love them. Not cheap though.

Jan 4, 2012
Devon
Eberlestock Halftrack for my kit at work. Awesome pack. For day to day stuff I find MaxP stuff well made. The Vulture II would see you good for a few days out and about.
Have you looked at Kifaru?? The guys on BritishBlades rave over them. Bit expensive but look excellent. I may have to buy one just in case I missing out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE