Which Backpack Have You Got?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I got this:
d3ef5e43da61cdbe6e8b91f24d0fc262.jpg
for £20 in a sale. It's aimed at carp fishermen. But it's bobproof and a real bargain. The only issue is it's a bit too padded.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I've looked at the fishing gear too. Saw a sleeping bag today that looked good. A trakker big snooze. It'd be great in the hammock, not sure how well they compress though. Only £19.
Sorry for the off topic reply.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

garethw

Settler
Hi there
Another vote for the Lowe Alpine Sting... great pack. I used various Alice pack configurations before.. Large, Medium, Hellcat, Hellcat with Down East frame and sleep system carrier etc... But although really practical packs, none were anywhere near as comfortable as the Sting.

also the Sting has Molle webbing on the back so I can add a couple of pouches for light items I need to get to quickly...FAK, Stove, Fire kit etc.

Cheers
Gareth

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I have a 73l Gossamer Gear Mariposa plus pack that weighs 600g for backpacking. Its by far my favourite pack ever for hammocking but wouldn't get very far being snagged in the woods, I'm very careful with it.

For winter, I've started using a Sabre 130 with side pouches. Its a great load carrier but I'm not convinced its any better than a Lowe.

For rougher stuff, I use a stripped down 50l alpine sack with all the useless back venting taken off and replaced with a piece of kip mat foam.

DSCN0122.jpg

My Mariposa with too much strapped on.

Note the large mesh nobber pockets.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I have strayed a bit away from surplus bergens etc as I really like the mega stiff formed waist belts on the bigger civvy packs, I have a old crusader Bergen and a Lowe alpine strike in Dpm, and a Lowe alpine outback at 60-90 litter and an Osprey kestrel 38. I love Lowe alpine for value for money against build and comfort, and the Osprey, well I have to say I'm in love with those, they can do no wrong! Some are a bit too funky looking for my tastes but the kestrels, argon and aether are superb packs. They look fragile but are anything but, very high quality materials, light weight where they need to be and strong in the right places. I use my kestrel daily and am so happy with it, it's like a mini- Bergen! All the same sort of features minus the side pooches obviously! But geared up for civilian use! Extendable back etc etc.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I have a 73l Gossamer Gear Mariposa plus pack that weighs 600g for backpacking. Its by far my favourite pack ever for hammocking but wouldn't get very far being snagged in the woods, I'm very careful with it.

DSCN0122.jpg

My Mariposa with too much strapped on.

Note the large mesh nobber pockets.

Good Lord, what exactly do you think you're doing? The 'schrafty police will be all over that pack. You can hardly get any more dangly bits on it. Some of the members (and I mean members ;)) are likely to explode!

Nice pack BTW.

Erro Telcontar

Forager
Mar 23, 2012
Sheffield
I use a Karrimor Sabre SF 60-100 ltr. Its quite expensive (but that's what student loans were for!) but super tough. All the straps and zips collapse the bag down to a rather small (if a little heavy) day sack and at full capacity with side pouches you can carry enough supplies for a small village, that is if your legs will carry you. it also benefits from having attachable side pouches which can be seperated and used with yoke for excertions from a base camp. I use this bag for most hikes and camping trips, and any beating that'll damage it would have killed me long before the bag took a scratch!

i also have a fjallraven 45 for everyday carrying of lunch and bits to work, its a nice traditional looking bag which i bought for aesthetics (i'm shallow, so sue me) really, but it holds up to the daily car journey and odd walk.

all that is gold does not glisten

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Good Lord, what exactly do you think you're doing? The 'schrafty police will be all over that pack. You can hardly get any more dangly bits on it. Some of the members (and I mean members ;)) are likely to explode!

Nice pack BTW.

That near killed me! One of the best, funniest quotes this year. Near coughed up on me laptop.... (full of flemmy cold).

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Macpac Pusuit, Kifaru Late Season, Kifaru Express and an Osprey 25 litre jobby. I have a Kifaru E&E that gets a lot of use and it boosts the Express volume.

I have a pair of Ribz camo bags for stalking but I am finding it doesn't quite cut it for me so I am looking at larger bum bags.

PropThePolecat

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Mainland Europe
Ive got 2 Ospreys, a Straos 34 and Aether 70. Both are tough and robust packs. Especially the Stratos have been put through its paces, buts it held up amazingly well. It just wont die, so i can get another pack!

7099406541_826e1df8cb_z.jpg

6207736475_006d5b93e3_z.jpg

D

Deleted dude 7861

PLCE longback bergen for me but with a slight difference - it's in my favourite camo :D Danish M84. Easily spotted at airports in the luggage carousel! I have been lucky enough to find the medics side pocket too in M84 and a have a yoke in M84.
danbergen.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE