Where's the silliest place you've ever left a knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I left the old barrel knife I was given by my Dad on a studio set at college, while I went for another box of film from the stores.

When I got back some barstool had stolen it.
7983.gif

If I ever find out who it was I'll make them regret the day they were born....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I left the old barrel knife I was given by my Dad on a studio set at college, while I went for another box of film from the stores.

When I got back some barstool had stolen it.
7983.gif

If I ever find out who it was I'll make them regret the day they were born....
Not the one in the photo of your sharps!?
If it is that one and you find the culprit then please let me hold the **** while you educate them!

I left a Leatherman in my daysack while checking in at an airport once ...luckily so had a few of my team and the nice security guy let us off ...and we were given time to round them all up and put them in a hastily emptied daysack and rush back to check them in as hold luggage!
They all arrived safely and were re-united with their owners...God Bless Cape Town Airport Security men!

D

D3adkl0wn

Some chainsaw using woodsman going to love you one day finding that the hard way :lmao:

they definitely found it already.. i drove by my childhood town and the woods that i loved and enjoyed were all chopped down and had houses build all around.. unfortunate really..

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
lost a few bits in the past never a knife a saw blade all my tent pegs but not a knife sxmolloy glad to hear im not the only 1 to put an axe in there thumb mine just took the end off

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
In a lot of households I've noticed one silly place to put a knife and that's in the dishwasher drawer with the point facing up.

All it takes is for someone to trip over the opened door and impale themself.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Took my leatherman sideclip and pouch (which i have had for about 12 yrs) off my belt two weeks ago,put it down somewhere and i havn't found it since despite turning the house upside down. Strange. :(

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I did lose a gerber tool down a longdrop type toilet, whilst in iraq i bought one of those bdu belts all shinyand slim, went to the toilet in the three week old us army built latrine, undind belt did the doo, stood up and felt a heavy movement! looked back to see my brand new gerber multi tool drop into the goo. after a good five mins of standing and staring at the hole still with my trousers down, i decided it was lost and trundled of to the pxbx. still gutted about that.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
On the rear bumper of my car :eek: I'd been out shooting and stopped by the car to paunch a few bunnies with my 110 before I took them home. Put the knife on the bumper, and the bunnies and gun in the boot, and drove off home.
23 miles later I pull into our street, realise that the knife pouch is empty and get that horrible sick feeling as I realise where I last put the knife down..

Unload car, swear a lot, and wonder if it's worth back-tracking to see if I can find it... then see it sitting in the gutter opposite side of the street fom the car ! :D
It had stayed put the whole way home, only to fall off at the very last corner as I turned into my own street !

Still felt a silly ****** for leaving it there in the first place though.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
On the rear bumper of my car :eek: I'd been out shooting and stopped by the car to paunch a few bunnies with my 110 before I took them home. Put the knife on the bumper, and the bunnies and gun in the boot, and drove off home.
23 miles later I pull into our street, realise that the knife pouch is empty and get that horrible sick feeling as I realise where I last put the knife down..

Unload car, swear a lot, and wonder if it's worth back-tracking to see if I can find it... then see it sitting in the gutter opposite side of the street fom the car ! :D
It had stayed put the whole way home, only to fall off at the very last corner as I turned into my own street !

Still felt a silly ****** for leaving it there in the first place though.

thats the luckiest thing ive ever heard you should be putting the lottery on mate

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE