Where's the silliest place you've ever left a knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Whilst working putting in styles, posts, and general path work one particulary hot summers day.

Somehow, somewhere lost a little 2.5" fixed blade, a rugby top and a wax barbour drifter hat.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I once stored an original A G Russell Sting in the bottom of a Billingham camera bag, along with several other sharps, just for safe storage, I didn't use the bag day to day and it sat atop a wardrobe.

AbCo3.jpg

AG Russell Sting
EmRYW.jpg

Billingham Camera Bag

Several years later (and post 9-11), living at a different address and suddenly finding myself having to jump on a flight from Edinburgh to London at short notice, I grabbed the now 'empty' Billingham bag, shoved my laptop and washbag into it and caught my flight.

Later that evening, sitting in my hotel room trying to shove various recently purchased cables and bits 'n' bobs into the camera bag I found the Sting sitting beneath the base padding, it had passed though the security x-ray machine without anyone noticing, lucky for me.

Before catching my return flight the next day I popped into a corner shop and purchased a couple of padded envelopes to post it home.

:)

Last edited:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
SAK with open blade back in to my trouser pocket. Was only a few hours later when I reached in to my pocket to get said SAK that I felt the blade with my fingers. Very very carefully I removed the SAK and then verbaly abused myself for being so stupid. Luckily I didn't cut myself. To this day I have no idea how or why I did it but now i'm very careful about where I put my knives.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
This knife bought at the camp victory px

gerber-05780-ApplegateFairbairnCombat-main-lg.jpg

(Internet pic)
left here

33°14'55.74"N 44°13'12.66"E

though in my defence I had been very drunk and trying to whittle a piece of 2" by 4" at the time, fell asleep on the sand bags around our tent, awoke due to a mortar attack when I returned to the tent in morning I couldn't find it, the knife that is, the tent was still there:D I reckon a yank marines had it away, I also dropped a Gerber down a long drop loo, but it was issued and I was more than happy to be billed rather than retrieve it, but that one doesn't count as i know exactly where it is, I just don't want it:yuck::buttkick:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Never lost a blade before, but boy have I entertained myself many times looking for my sheath in autumn...
DSC06187.jpg

picture related its the sheath, and you see why it is hard to find
takes me an average of 2 hours nowadays ^^

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
My Champ SAK is lying on the bed of the River Dane, my son asked for a loan of it, walked back to his peg through some scrub and then I heard"whhhhhhoooooopppps!" ........well it was some expletives but as this is family friendly. :)

As he slipped by his peg, the knife landed at least six feet out, I tried in vain to retrieve it with my landing net but........about 15yrs ago I imagine.
I cried for months (secretly, every time I visited the toilet). :(

Erro Telcontar

Forager
Mar 23, 2012
Sheffield
I once had a beautiful emrald green folding knife, only about the size of my thumb when folded. I used it for orange peeling and general bits and bobs. Anyways, I used to wear a cowboy hat at the time and being reletively young I thought it would be 'cool and what not' to keep it under my hat ala various Hollywood movie scenes. Safe to say the knife now lives somewhere along a 20 miles stretch of countryside between camps, I don't remember on which occasion it was but I had removed my hat a good three times before I remembered it was supposed to be keeping my knife safe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE