Where to take the Explorer Scouts for a weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive been asked today to take my scout unit for a weekend away in June, anywhere in the UK and to do pretty much anything. So, accommodation/camping Friday and Saturday and home Sunday.....

Anyone have any ideas where I can take em?

(when I say 'pretty much anything', there are some limits ;) )

Thanks Guys

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
If you go to http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default you can search for Scout campsites by county, activity and so on. There's a few sites quite close to you and just over the Severn Bridge is Woodhouse Park which is one of the national centres. Gloucestershire Scouts run a survival weekend around June each year but I don't know if there'll be any spaces left as it's very popular.

Activities offered on Scout sites will generally be cheaper than commercial providers.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Oh thanks handy to know Snowfire. I wasnt told that yesterday. Obviously works out better for us if we can get accommodation cheaper because they have more funds to do more activities.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Took our older scouts on a 2 day lightweight camp (hike, camp, then hike back) to dorset. Got the train down to wareham than hiked (the long way round) to a scout campsite called Budden's farm. All had a great time and the site was so good we went back for the whole-group camp with beavers and cubs too. There were plenty of good activities on site so you could easily do what we did and add a day if you wanted to do some activities.
Another similar one we've done a few times is getting the train to the coast and ferry to the IOW then hiking to the southern coast and camping there (again a 2 day camp)
ATB
Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE