Where to buy traditional tools?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Chaps,

i'm looking for a place to buy item's like Froes, carving axes, billhooks, hand mauls and other assorted outdoor style tools.
the obvious tool places don't appear to stock these and tbh they're amazingly useful items i just don't know where to start?

thanks
pete
:confused:

Feb 15, 2010
wales
Hi Pete,

I have used the woodsmith store to purchase billhooks and draw knives, i have alos used axminster for some things both are good, though if your looking for hand forged tools use the the woodsmith store or try http://www.mallinson.co.uk/tools.html i have not used them but they are well respected in the greenwooking industry.

Hope that helps

Jules

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Tony Murland is a tool dealer based in Needham Market, Suffolk. Mostly he sells top end joinery tools for colectors, he does a few special auctions each year. But he often has unusual old tools from the various green wodwork trades too, I got a very good old froe and a billhook. He sometimes has stail engines in, also drawknives, inshaves, scorps, scotch eye augers, axes, spoon bits, reamers, wide selection of gouges etc etc. You can easily make a maul or 2 from ash and elm or beech, splitting wedges from elm.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE