Where to buy Kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 2, 2007
Newbury
Hi all,

I have been watching/reading about Bushcraft and have finally decided to get out there and try it for myself, but I'm unsure as to the kit to get. Having looked through posts on this site I've figured I dont need to go out and buy a ton of stuff so I'm limiting myself to the basics. After reading some of the military kit is just as robust yet cheaper than the named brands I came across the site below and found it to be very cheap.

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/

Although I am very much of the mindset that you only get what you pay for.. I was wondering if anybody had any experience of dealing with these guys or heard anything about them or their kit?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
No problems with them at all. I've purchased quite a few things from them over the last couple of years. Everything has been good quality, dispatched quickly and the price is reasonable.

There are loads of other out there. OutdoorCode is another good one. Andy's a member on here.

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
I have a softspot for www.ukkitmonster.com They carry a good range of solid equipment with fast turnaround. They use a courier, Citylink, so postage is not the cheapest but they are very reliable.

Pete

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a softspot for www.ukkitmonster.com They carry a good range of solid equipment with fast turnaround. They use a courier, Citylink, so postage is not the cheapest but they are very reliable.

Pete

I've used these guys aswell and had no problems.
It really all depends on how much dosh you want to spend!
Although the Outdoorcode is having a few computer ordering problems you can't reall go wrong with them for the hardwear side of life, and he does some excellent multi item deals - starter packs etc.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I wwent into their shop (S&A) and they were fine, even got a couple of freebies from them when I bought a couple of 20ltr fuel cans (gave me a couple of spare gasket seals), not sure about their online shop though.

LS

Podcast Bob

I've just looked at all the sites mentioned above and all the gear seems to be a bit on the lumpy heavy side, if you don't mind me saying guys.

We are getting a lot of bushcraft and sea kayak customers coming to us now wanting to make things easier on themselves and move away from the 'military' look and weight. So the cook sets they are buying and accessories fit into a much smaller pack so then can travel further easier and more importantly, quieter.

Although we certainly don't sell all the kit such as knives and ventile clothing as some folks do, it might be worth a look to see if you can or want to make a bit more space in your sacks.

There's also a series of podcasts on the site, over 150 actually, with a whole range of people who have traveled lighter which may be of interest. Before you say 'no Bushcraft titles', I'm hoping to change that in the near future and perhaps get out to some of the meets organized on here, to see what you folks get up to in the woods and learn some new skills ;-)

May 2, 2007
Newbury
Thanks for the info everybody, I appreciate your advice. The starter kit from OutdoorCode looks like a good buy for me to start with.

Again many thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE