where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntsmanbob

Jul 9, 2009
norwich
Bob came from a good friend who taught me how to hunt many years ago who has past on now & huntsman comes from pastime that i have enjoyed for many years.

Well I love the smell of wood smoke and I have spent an aweful long time drifitng through woods. I also like the idea of smoke being used by many cultures as a symbol of the bond and journey between the living world and the spirit world. So that's me but to be honest when I first used it I had no idea it was related to a famous bushy school. It really peed me off when I found out it was already widely in use! pmsl

some like it cold

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2009
forest of dean
the only bushy thing id done lately before joining the site was an arctic challenge for charity got down to -35 and we were in a snow hole was an awesome time hence......... some like it cold

Dodger

Oct 4, 2009
UK
I played the Artful Dodger in a school production of Oliver! back when I were a lad and, following a suggestion from one of my teachers that I was method acting, it stuck.

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I live in Canada and figure that is a bit of distance from BushcraftUK central command.
Also as a photojournalist, I try to grab every opportunity I can to get as far away from anywhere as possible, particularly to the arctic or unexplored jungle or the like.
The only other nickname I ever had was Doc. My school chums named me 30 years ago when we would go off backpacking and at the end of the night I would have on my khaki clothes, big brown stetson hat and a flask of good booze-they started calling me Doc Savage who they thought was a gentleman explorer.
-FarPoint

'All those who wander are not lost' JRR Tolkien

D

dboles

Hey Bearbait.
I live in Revelstoke and am now wondering if you and I have maybe ever occupied the same space and time on the street here in town.
Im dboles and thats part of my name 1st being Daniel or Dan'l as some friends say.Boles being the trunk of trees.Always liked that
Dan'l

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
When some friends saw my favourite comedian ( Bill Hicks ) do his "Goatboy" scetch for the first time they just looked at me and called me Goatboy. I reckon they thought we were alike :naughty: Though I'm much better behaved these days... honest. Plus Goatboy's a bit of a Pan / nature spirit. On Youtube I'm Getpojke which is just Dutch for Goatboy.

Adults may wan't to have a look at the late Mr. Hicks here: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpEy-LYo3vg

TTFN
Goatboy.

Last edited:

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
Beorn is a character from Tolkiens "There and back again" or "The Hobbit" (I don't know which is more common in English speaking countries). He's can change into a bear for going to war and hunting Orks. Anyway, he likes honey and all sorts of sweets, likee to laugh, is a bit crumpy, ...
Somebody called me Beorn once and she decided it might fit.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hehe, was axed this a couple of weeks ago:

caliban said:
I always get a kick when I read your forum name. Why did you choose "Caliban"?

All the best!

Cool Original

calibanzwei said:
Haha, well Caliban has cropped up a few times in my life - in chronological order, initially Shakespeare at school, a character I associated with; its the home of the Dark Angels in W40k; it cropped up in '97 I think as a newly diescovered moon of Uranus and they are also a most excellant death/metal core band from Germany. The Zwei was added when every other forum I went already had 'Caliban' chosen. I thought it unlikely that anyone else would add zwei to the end. Has stuck for 15 years :D

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Mine comes from a book about a guy called Mack Bolan, his call sign is stonymanone, I took the stonyman part.

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
Mine is simple enough. Its my job description. Either that or being called a carebear. I know what I prefer.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
have a guess :rolleyes:

when I started frequenting web forums I was in the middle of academic research and it wouldn't look good if I asked for help from scholars with a stupid or ammusing username (as much as I would like to!). Then I started my business and it makes finding me on the web easier if my name is plastered all over the forums ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE