What's Your Favourite View?

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
remoteImage-184.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
At the moment my favourite view is in the rear view mirror of my car as i leave the office,...

but not wanting to sour the thread will speak of my mind numbing, desk bound existence i will post a picture of something more fitting when i get in tonight....

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Stunning scenery there Doc - but then I am biased.

Muddyboots - nice one, good to see posters inject a wee bit of humour into the thread.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Doc,..

your last pic has just become my desktop image,...

You're welcome.

I took it at an excellent campsite - a little bay on Affric, with loads of driftwood and a view of the sunset. If you are ever up that way let me know and I'll PM you the grid ref. It's a short paddle or a long walk to get there though.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
twodogs ive studied that picture for ages ......ive looked through a magnifying glass and even then i can't see the good looking chap is he hiding behind a rock ?.....:confused:...:p

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
My favourite view? My enemy slain, his gold plundered, his horses stolen and his women -- oh you meant scenery? Never mind.

Hee hee, I haven't seen Conan since I was in the back of a taxi in Norway. The driver bought it for us to watch on the journey, and to take our minds off the massive bill he was going to hit us with at the end of it.

Cheers, Michael.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I don't want to start another debate about what's the best view in the country or the world, I want to know what's your favourite. It doesn't have to be scenic, or even rural, it just has to mean a great deal to you.
Saying that though, my favourite view is both scenic and rural. I work away from home a lot, and the view that says to me that I'm on the final stretch back to my family is when I'm heading west on the A66. On the top of the rise approaching Troutbeck, the view opens up and I can see Clough Head to the South, the Derwent Fells and the Vale of Keswick ahead and Blencathra to the north. I also know that I'm only about half an hour away from my wife and kids, with the motorway behind me and a straightforward drive through some beautiful scenery ahead.

Know it well - especially good on a crisp winter's day. The view back the other way from the head of Newlands back to the Pennines always makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck too. View up Borrowdale from Friar's Crag of an evening is quite something if a bit chocolate box ;)

Here's my favourite - the Cuillens seen from the North coast of Knoydart. That's the view of my childhood:

DSC00173_1.JPG

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Beinn Tarsuinn.

I'm a sucker for the A'Chir ridge and sitting on the shoulder of Beinn Tarsuinn planning the days route is a view that I may not have photos of but has stuck in my mind from the couple of times I've been sat there.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
View down the jaws of Borrowdale from Derwentwater - and the wood canvas canoe makes it twice as nice !

NS

104-0442_IMG.jpg

Once as a young man me and a load of mates were out drinking in The Swinside and I thought it'd be a good idea to "borrow" a boat and row from Nichol end over to the landings to get back into town. We had to traverse the piece of water in your pic. So there we are half way across the lake, all tanked up, at midnight and my friend, Judith asks me "Why is the boat half full of water?" :yikes:

So me and Mark bent to the oars and made a mad dash in our foundering craft and made it to the other side before disaster struck. Was a good night out.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon

few pics from my last day in Wales....

I loved living in Wales, I was just 6 miles from the beach and used to go down most days to walk the dog fish light a fire and forage along the shore.....

I totaly miss is and would go back i a split second.........

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps the wife and dog loved it too.......

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have to agree with Michael about the trip over the A66, it usually means I'm heading north to Scotland with a canoe strapped to the roof. The drive up the side of Loch Lomond is also a good pointer to happy days ahead.

A bit of theme running through mine, mostly sunsets on the west coast of Scotland looking over a loch :rolleyes: .....

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

Sween10.jpg

Sween2.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE