What's Your Favourite View?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I don't want to start another debate about what's the best view in the country or the world, I want to know what's your favourite. It doesn't have to be scenic, or even rural, it just has to mean a great deal to you.
Saying that though, my favourite view is both scenic and rural. I work away from home a lot, and the view that says to me that I'm on the final stretch back to my family is when I'm heading west on the A66. On the top of the rise approaching Troutbeck, the view opens up and I can see Clough Head to the South, the Derwent Fells and the Vale of Keswick ahead and Blencathra to the north. I also know that I'm only about half an hour away from my wife and kids, with the motorway behind me and a straightforward drive through some beautiful scenery ahead.

I'll post a pic if I ever have the camera on me when the weather's good, and I'm looking forward to hearing other people's favourite views.

Cheers, Michael.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
On a sunny day...

15May201013.jpg

On a rainy day....

09Jun2020SiberianfuryDavey24.jpg

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I don't have a working camera at the moment, so I'd have to say that my favourite daily view is "me" in the mirror - but then I am vain...

Winner of best looking man in Nato 3 years running.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I don't have a working camera at the moment, so I'd have to say that my favourite daily view is "me" in the mirror - but then I am vain...

Winner of best looking man in Nato 3 years running.

You obviously have frosted glass on your mirror, or wear rose tinted glasses covered in lead.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
At the moment it is this one:

dsc04057s.jpg

Taken from under my tarp on the Telemark trip in Norway. Woke up to this two mornings on the trot. :)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
My favourite view? My enemy slain, his gold plundered, his horses stolen and his women -- oh you meant scenery? Never mind.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I dont have a pic of them but i have to that mean a great deal to me, one is at the top of beacon hill on the A303 travelling towards Amesbury as I can see every where i used to go and play wen growing u, the view has changed conciderably in the last 10 years as Amesbury has grown but it still feel the same, the second is this time just to the left of the A303 when you get to the round about at Amesbury, there is a little streatch of the river Avon running through a patch of woodland called Lords walk, i love it there its kind of like an oasis as it sanwiched between a dual carridgeway and the town, used to play and camp out there alot,

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
From my door I have a cracking view of a 1960's road bridge 500yds away.

Five mins from my house I have a cracking view of the Rosyth base over the river, a 1960's road bridge and an 1890 rail bridge...

Fifteen mins walk from my house I have not only an excellent(!?) view of Edinburgh airport but a stunning view down the Forth Estuary out to the North Sea.

Luckily, if I ignore the modern intrusions, I've a river on one side of me and miles and miles of countryside/farmland (Dundas, Hopetoun and Rosebery Estates) on the other with pockets of wood here and there.

Through the week I can enjoy the views from the top of the valley, looking towards the foot of the Pentlands, from Cyrenians Farm.

So not all bad...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
This one with the good looking chap in :cool:

3.jpg

Twodogs - don't do that! I read your comment at the top of your post then scrolled down thinkin git was the beginning of a beautiful view then got the whatsit scared out of me!! ;) :D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I have a few good views that I could post if I had a URL to post them. I have a few of mirror flat lakes tarns with mixed woodland all around it reflecting back taken early autumn when the leaves were part turned and part green.
I have another which is a lovely tarn over which you can see the Langdale pikes. Mirror calm and totally reflective.

But my best shot was the view that I woke to after a night of rain snug as a bug in my bivvy with my tarp overhead in a flying v. The frame of my tarp, the ground and my bivvy bag has some lakeland hills out to the sunrise all reds in the sky with a few clouds for good effect. Then I lay there watching the clouds get burnt off. then I got up and walked around taking shots with blue skies everywhere while my mate woke up. Best of times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE