What's your favourite camping meal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Favourite at camp or home for that matter :encourage:

What I call spagbol soup.

• 1 tin of minced beef and onion pie filling
  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 4 oxo cubes
  • Just over half a packet of spaghetti (broken into inchish pieces)
  • Enough water to cover to about double the volume of the other ingredients

Throw all together into a pot and boil till it's ready! (Add more water if necessary you want it watery like a soup)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Early summer: batter-fried fish and potatoes. Late summer: Blueberry (Vaccinium sp.) pancakes with breaded fried grouse breast.
Winter: wine braised bison with macaroni in cheap cheese sauce.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
I carry a small non-stick pan so omelettes are a favourite and easy too. Add some mushroom, fried bacon, cheese, cooked potato or whatever. :)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I love camp cooking and I'm quite prepared to spend a fair bit of time doing a nice meal but prefer to keep the number of pans to a minimum. I've camp cooked springbok, pheasant, rabbit, squirrel ... but I don't think you can beat fresh caught mackerel, grilled, between bread (preferably fresh cooked bread!).

Cheers,

Broch

Reactions: Robson Valley

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahh, some mouth watering stuff in this thread goodjob Joe, I love Moose, well, good Moose, i've had some bad stuff :D fresh mackerel and fresh bread, yeah, that's good.

I think that sometimes the company we're in dictates the enjoyment of the meal, I've had some very very tasty, sausage, egg, bacon, onion and mushroom rolls for breakfast :camping:

Yeoman13

Nov 29, 2017
Canada
Bacon and cheese bannock:
I use Mors Kochanski's basic bannock recipe (1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and enough water to make a stiff dough).
I then add about 100g cheddar cheese in 1 cm cubes and about four rashers of fried bacon, crumbled into bits.
I roll the dough into a lightly greased pan and cook on medium hot coals. Gooey and yummy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE