What's your favorite watch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a Seiko on a green G10 strap which I wear often, I also wear a Suunto Vector which was a swap on here. I have recently traded some nice G Shocks on here & have a couple left. I have an very old Avia polar star which was from a mate who was killed on active service many moons ago. I very rarely wear the watch but look at it quite often,I have a thing for watches and being on time. I would rather not go than be late. Strange I know but that's me. Will post pics later.

Buggane

Jul 30, 2012
Isle of Mann/ Liverpool
My dream watch would probably be a seamaster but until the day i can afford to buy and keep one fully serviced i'll be wearing my citizen eco drive which is solar powered but doesn't look it.

JRjr

Nov 12, 2012
Dundee
I mostly use the clock on my phone as I am not a fan of wearing a watch on my wrist, but I was bored one night and wanted to see if I could sew webbing with my sewing machine and it ended up as this:
watch.jpg
[/IMG]

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
My Lorus divers watch, a cheapo version of the Seiko, but better than the Seiko because it is cheaper and tells the time just the same. It has knocked about a bit and the plating is wearing off the casing which improves it no end.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Casio G shock G-7900 my brother Tony bought it for me for my Birthday. Love it solid as a rock, although a bit large an bulky if wearing with a shirt and jacket ie when out on the town.
ne7ysa9a.jpg

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Another vote for the G-shock range. I'm using a G-Rescue G-7900- shame it isn't solar powered but I liked the style and its a tough watch for work, with tide and moon functions which I find helpful. Only thing I miss from my old watch is the luminescent hands- don't like having to press and button and deplete power just to check the time.

If I could have any watch? Breitling Emergency ;)

http://www.breitling.com/en/models/professional/emergency/versions/index.php

Hmm just read on their website David Beckham wears a Breitling- might have to reconsider the brand now!

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
My "EDC" is a seiko orange monster!!! bombproof auto on a w-jean shark mesh bracelet :)

20130109_131218.jpg

My "posh" watch is a Panerai GMT just like this one :)

BTY58NwBGkKGrHgoH-CsEjlLlzPB1BKIMHFKw3_12_zps64c9b7a6.jpg

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi

This is my favourite watch but being old and mechanical and what with me being sooooo clumsy, I only wear it occasionally (1965)..
1b2.jpg

Venus 178 powerplant..
1be.jpg

I actually wear this most of the time even though I have about 2,000 watches!!

A-1a.jpg

I'm also hankering for another one of these, Pulsar are smashing watches but the one I have did end being smashed!!...
Pulsaranadigi.jpg

Cheers, John :cool:

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
My favourite watch is one I hardly ever wear, it belonged to my dad's dad who died when he was a child and was given to me when I was about 11 or 12. I had it repared to working condition and wore it in the watch pocket of my kilt waistcoat when I got married.

IMG_1470_zps643c0e7e.jpg
[/IMG]

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hi

This is my favourite watch but being old and mechanical and what with me being sooooo clumsy, I only wear it occasionally (1965)..
1b2.jpg

Venus 178 powerplant..
1be.jpg

I actually wear this most of the time even though I have about 2,000 watches!!

A-1a.jpg

I'm also hankering for another one of these, Pulsar are smashing watches but the one I have did end being smashed!!...
Pulsaranadigi.jpg

Cheers, John :cool:

How many ! :yikes:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
My cheapest watch (Sekonda Xpose) by far but has to be my favourite, the others are always in the draw. Goes on all holidays (watches go free on the plane :)) walks and camping/fishing trips with me and always on while swimming in the sea, Indiglo and half digital, been battered and still working fine after about nine years.

One of the best bargains I've ever had.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
This is my Animal titanium, I bought it just before we went to Australia back in 02, still in great condition and on its second battery
DSC_0005_zpsca927be8.jpg

R

RICKY RASPER

I wear my grandfathers Omega Army Issue watch. He received it in 1942 and as far as I am aware it has never been serviced and still keeps excellent time. It only needs wound every seven days and has a small dial on the face that counts from one to seven. When the dial marker hits seven a small window on the face clicks from wound to rewind and the watch will "ding" every hour on the hour on the seventh day if you don't rewind it! The watch survived the tropical swamps of Burma and the allied invasion of Sicily. The last service the watch saw was in Korea where in winter it was regularly -22*C below, and +40*C in the summer. What a watch and what a man it was that wore it! For trips were I intend to do a lot of snorkelling I wear my Seiko Automatic divers watch. I think a mechanical watch is an essential bit of kit for any outdoors man. If you find that your battery operated watch has failed in the cold (as most of them do) you will kick yourself. Most mechanical watches even the cheap ones, will last a couple of decades. Some like the Omega will outlive you! Quartz watches will at best if you buy a good one give you five years even if you change the battery every year, piezo crystals have a very limited life!

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE