Whats this over Norway?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere

Bloody wikipedia!
I warn all first year undergraduates that if I EVER see wikipedia on their bibliography they will lose marks. It may be fine for a 10 year old, but not anything beyond that. It is open to such abuse and misinformation that it loses any credibility.
Ditto for most of the information on the internet. Any idiot can start a website and post any old rubbish on it. Why do we accept what we see on the internet as reliable? It's not. It may be absolutely fine for leisure and wasting time, but the internet is not a good resource for academic, high-level, scholarly information. Well, not in the Arts, anyway. May well be fine for other subject areas, but not Arts.
Internet research is lazy and fraught with misinformation.
Anyway. My rant over with.
It doesn't help that I've just marked someone's essay and the bibliography is just a list of websites. I'm not joking. There are...16 websites listed. Think I'll also put it through the checker thingy to see if they've cut'n'pasted anything as well. It's their own fault - I warn them that if I see websites I'll come down on it.
So. Bloody wikipedia.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yes, but he said MANY other things as well. Quoting Hitler as an authority is dodgy, and quoting him on racial issues is even dodgier. Let's not go there.

I only said that he did say that and he believed that. There was no underlying issue

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Ah so now you degenerate to picking up spelling mistakes :rolleyes:

You see the problem is, you make a post all about how wonderfully well read you are, and how deep your education lies. You give forth on the skills of deduction and the time spent on dead languages, then either by haste or lack, you disprove it.

There is no real content to anything you post, your links are to sites that, at best are so badly flawed that only a devote believer, a zealot, would consider them trust worthy.
Give forth proper evidence and people may take your posts seriously.
Until then “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence":deadhorse:

Usual thing then. Nothing new there.
Et tu, Brute

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You see the problem is, you make a post all about how wonderfully well read you are, and how deep your education lies. You give forth on the skills of deduction and the time spent on dead languages, then either by haste or lack, you disprove it.

There is no real content to anything you post, your links are to sites that, at best are so badly flawed that only a devote believer, a zealot, would consider them trust worthy.
Give forth proper evidence and people may take your posts seriously.
Until then “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence":deadhorse:

Erm what dodgy sites have i posted links to? Please show me. I was rushing my post because believe it or not, i have work to do and this gets squeezed in, so i'm sure you would like it all grammar checked, your welcome to do it for me. Or you could come and make some of these knives here i have to make this week so i can produce perfectly structured posts for your viewing pleasure. But as it stands my posts are easily readable. But it is a well known fact that when people start picking at grammar and spelling they have nothing else to say, so either contribute in a useful way or jog on.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I only said that he did say that and he believed that. There was no underlying issue

Yes, but you are also quoting him as someone who has insight into our racial origins. You are not merely quoting his beliefs, you are quoting them as supporting evidence for your case. For example, in post #180 you quote Hitler's theory on the Aryan race, and you quote it to support your argument on the Nephilim/Annunaki. So, do you agree with Hitler (and opening a minefield, therefore), or disagree with him (and thus sink your own argument)? Or shall we just move on from it and pretend the comment wasn't made...probably best.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yes, but you are also quoting him as someone who has insight into our racial origins. You are not merely quoting his beliefs, you are quoting them as supporting evidence for your case. For example, in post #180 you quote Hitler's theory on the Aryan race, and you quote it to support your argument on the Nephilim/Annunaki. So, do you agree with Hitler (and opening a minefield, therefore), or disagree with him (and thus sink your own argument)? Or shall we just move on from it and pretend the comment wasn't made...probably best.

I have no issues with race at all. I have looked into it extensively over the last 6 years and now what hitler said is irrelevant to me personally as i know the full story. I merely pointed out how i became aware of it. Like i said i worked with someone whos father was part of it. Any other issues have been brought up by your post mate. Just leave it for what it was and not what you read into it.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Aye, tad has a habit of pulling things down, hes well known for it accross a few forums, ones hes not even a member of.
Ah yes but that is only because I have the necessary balls to question when people post utter cobblers. And of course the numpties banned from this site and others for the afomentioned cobblers posting, tend to congregate on sites where they are free to slag off this site and freely post their nonsense.

Edit
You don't know? :eek: I thought it was obvious. :confused: Tadpole is part of the conspiracy. His job is to distract you... :borgsmile
He thinks that already , he's called me a government Shill on another thread.

This will be my last post on this thread
:deadhorse:

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Ah yes but that is only because I have the necessary balls to question when people post utter cobblers. And of course the numpties banned from this site and others for the afomentioned cobblers posting, tend to congregate on sites where they are free to slag off this site and freely post their nonsense.

Edit

He thinks that already , he's called me a government Shill on another thread.

This will be my last post on this thread
:deadhorse:

I actually said i wouldnt be surprised if you were, never actually called you it. IIRC your reply was the label in my jumper says homebase not homeland, something like that :)

What you have tad is a fetish for googling your every answer, i would only say you had the balls if you would have that same attitude face to face. We can find out at the moot eh? Or will your car break down AGAIN :rolleyes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
K, i've only just seen the last few posts but i already get the impression it's time to say PACK IT IN AND PLAY NICE...... Did i say that clearly enough?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
...i would only say you had the balls if you would have that same attitude face to face. We can find out at the moot eh? Or will your car break down AGAIN :rolleyes:

Oh no. We've not resorted to Internet Hardmen threats, have we? Stop it there.
I'm still not sure what's more addictive and dangerous - crack cocaine or internet discussion forums. Neither achieves anything except making the user look a complete bell-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE