What's on offer at the summer bushmoot 2009?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Curiosity go the better of me. Can anyone report on what workshops are on offer so far at the bushmoot and who's leading them?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, here's a few activities although not all and some will run on a few occasions:

Flintknapping
knife forging
Hand Drill Workshop
Kydex sheath making demo
Tracking
wild food walk
sharpening Workshop
Talk on the Noom & Man tracking
Kids activites
Story telling
Firelighting workshop
Family Group Bowdrill
Trapping
Bow Drill Workshop
Butanise Bows
Natural Medicine
Photography
Axe workshop
Tarp workshop
Atlatl workshop
Atlatl compettion
wildfood cooking
Hangi / Food prep
Knots
Open hangi eat and mingle!
Axe workshop - Advanced
Breads for the Kids

esme

Life Member
Aug 27, 2005
North East
Thanks to Mesquite for pointing me to the right forum,lol.

Wow there are loads to choose from! What to do and when that is the question?

I'm wondering when some of the activities are taking place and how to organise the three of us. I have two twelve year old boys who have been making there own stills animations and the three of us would be interested in the photography session/s. If there are spaces that would be great.

Before I mention whats on offer to them, are there any activities that the boys would not be able to take part in?

Have fun be happy

Esme

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry all but Due to unforeseen circumstances (illness) the Butanise Bow workshop is being cancelled :-( Sorry about that. The Talk on the Noom & Man tracking is also being cancelled. There will still be plenty of tracking workshops though :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I forgot to say that we've got a basket maker coming, she's going to do some small willow baskets so everyone that does the workshop should be able to leave with a finished product :D There will be a small cost of about £4 for the materials.

I'm looking forward to this one :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The knapping is up in the air a bit, i'm waiting to hear about a couple of people that might be doing it for us. The Lords are a bit occupied with a few other things this year (such as babies being due) I'm sure we'll get it sorted and if we do it will be on the day and yes, about the same price as last year.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Tony,

a couple of people have asked me to give a chat on Hunter-Gather diet in the modern world. So sling that one up as well.

Sandnakes.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
If anyone is interested I will bring my San bushman bows and arrows etc and do a little talk/workshop on the bushmen tools and weapons and how to use them... everyone can have a go with the bows!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
If anyone is interested I will bring my San bushman bows and arrows etc and do a little talk/workshop on the bushmen tools and weapons and how to use them... everyone can have a go with the bows!
Oh yes please:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE