What's missing on the site?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I would like to see a section that would warn potential buyers/customers of bad service or indeed scams, but I can see the downfalls as it could be used to discredit honest sellers by people who had a grievance against them.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
It would be great if the biographies in the “Meet the Team” section could be completed and include the user name so that people can put faces to names and user names of those working behind the scenes to keep things ticking along (completely understand if people don’t want to) but it looks a bit unfinished at the moment.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Tony,

When posting items for sale etc how about a drop down for "services offered". When I offer my services in the makers market I have to use the drop down "for sale" which doesn't really describe it properly.
Site is great though, keep up the good work

atb

John

Ha ha, I'd forgotten i'd done this already, I just went to create it and it was already there!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Tony,

I think the new site is great especially enjoy the way the articles are now laid out on the homepage.

only thing I thought of was a voluntary opportunities/job sub-section where members could share upcoming opportunities.

I don't even know if it's something any one else would find useful but things such as the forestry commision shadow ranger scheme, weekly conservation groups, survey training etc.

don't know how practical this is/if people want it but something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is a good idea, however, running it and keeping it up to date could be a pain and it would soon look unused if it's not updated regularly. Good idea though, it would be a useful resource...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It would be great if the biographies in the “Meet the Team” section could be completed and include the user name so that people can put faces to names and user names of those working behind the scenes to keep things ticking along (completely understand if people don’t want to) but it looks a bit unfinished at the moment.

Ha ha, I was thinking this just a few days ago, need sorting I know.

It's good to know that the front end of the site is getting looked at!! Thanks goodjob

Reactions: Leshy

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just reading some of the front of house articles and wanted to comment on Leshys narrowboat article, but can’t. Maybe I need to join Wordpress, but it would be handy to have all parts of the forum connected or an article link posted on the forum for comment.

I may well be missing something, like marbles or basic intelligence of course. ;)

Reactions: Leshy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Our aim was to have everything linked across the site and when we Beta tested it was working well. When we made the move to the new forum software the bridge didn't work as it should and we decided to cut it until we can sort it. I know what you're saying though, being able to comment on the articles would be a good thing...

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
I am new here and Im amazed by all the different terms and TLA's AFLA Three letter abbreviations, Another Four Letter Abbreviation. SAK for example I think a glossary would be for the good and benefit of all. I see its mentioned here but is it up and running?
https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/glossary.19232/
https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/glossary-dictionary.2271/
I am keen on learning about the hammock lifestyle and found mention of "Woopies" tried google and still none the wiser.
I think a glossary could explain abbreviations and also specific words dedicated to your craft.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This is an age old issue that we've had a few times and seems to occur in every activity and industry, a number of years ago we had a few active threads on this sort of thing, here's a link to the main one that we had running...

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/abbreviations-index.1537/

Good link. I’m up to speed on it now but when I first joined BB (BritishBlades) I was totally confused at times so I made up a huge list and asked members to add to it.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I made a post titled what veg are you growing this year only a day or so ago in homestead and it's completely disappeared today. So it's missing from this site! Can a mod please find it and get it back. Thank you very much.

Reactions: oldtimer

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
It would be nice if every member could integrate own photos easily like most forums offer it.
Is it really so terrible expensive to offer that option?

EDIT:
If I want to edit the text, like now and here, the text I write now and here is invisible because it lays under the frame "Edit/ Report".
That's not so nice!

Reactions: Woody girl

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It would be nice if every member could integrate own photos easily like most forums offer it.

EDIT:
If I want to edit the text, like now and here, the text I write now and here is invisible because it lays under the frame "Edit/ Report".
That's not so nice!

It’s really easy to google Postimage, tag your picture, then copy the link and drop it in the message box. As far as I know, using a pic host is standard on most forums. Pictures and videos use a lot of bandwidth and I prefer to offer the full size picture in the thread by using a host. There is the Upload a File option between the Post Reply and More Options at the bottom, why don’t you use that? I don’t like it because it involves clicking a thumbnail image to see the full picture, but it’s there if you want a direct upload.

I have the same problem sometimes with the edit box sitting over my text. I move the text up or down before I use the edit function so I can see what I’m doing. It’s a niggle, but only a little one.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

EDIT:
That's not so nice!

You can, you just have to become a fully paid up member to do it :)

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I understand, that video upload is expensive. But simple photos?

A direct upload of photos in the most forums I use is free and easy.

With the pictures the value of the forum becomes higher. For the user as well as the PR client, isn't it?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I understand, that video upload is expensive. But simple photos?

A direct upload of photos in the most forums I use is free and easy.

With the pictures the value of the forum becomes higher. For the user as well as the PR client, isn't it?

Really? £10/annum is too much of a contribution to support this great site and get photo uploads - especially for someone that obviously gets a lot out of it?

Reactions: Nomad64 and Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE