National Risk Register/National Resilience Update - Nothing new to us.

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Sadly , I think the preppy types that do yearn for a total collapse ( and I do think they are a minority ) see it as a life restart , ie unhappy with the mundane nature of their real world life and want a scenario where they can have a " I told you so " moment and magically / fantastically become their very own imaginary hero as no doubt the apocalyptic fiction they consume idolises.
There are occasional times when I get so sick of modern politics, corruption, manipulation, lies, and all of the other crazy stuff which became so obvious about 6 years ago that I sometimes wish for a total collapse just to make the BS end.

However (and this is a really huge 'however') the logical part of my brain which is sensible understands just how hard life would be if there was a total collapse and therefore I most certainly do not want that to happen in reality. But I can still understand why people sometimes can say/feel like they want it due to emotional exasperation with modern day life.

Personally, I value clean running water, plentiful food, cheap easy energy and the relative safety that a functioning society provides to really want anything which is too different from what we already have now.
 
Im not surprised Nihilism can be somewhat of a contributor to those wishing for a change if change by own decision seems undoable.

Lots of pressure on people currently in western society.
 
I would guess that there are more people who fall into that category wanting a collapse than there are the people who fantasize about being be some kind of heroic apocalypse Rambo because of their egos. Maybe the two things aren't mutually exclusive though and some people fall into both camps to some degree or other?
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE