What's for Supper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
After 2000 when I bought my home here, I was buying local bison, a side at a time. I have eaten 6-7 of the critters. Often cut-it-with-a-fork-tender. Raw, it cuts beautifully with flint edges.
Since it is so lean, it is not forgiving for cook times. Might look rare but it's well done.
Taste? Bison is everything that beef is trying to be.

Attachments

• Bison Ear Tag.jpg
    Bison Ear Tag.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 7

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
I went to mummy & daddy’s for mine, home made beef bourguignon pie in red wine gravy & all the side trimmings.
I’m a lucky boy.
and tonight a ploughmans lunch followed by witches egg fried in best olive oil a bit of butter salt and pepper the outside was a little tough but the white was lush.
witches egg, please explain?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bison! A couple of steaks and a pound of ground (which is probly going to be burgers).

Simple w/grilled veg and a potato in one form or another

Never tried Bison before ... which is, frankly, weird for here.
bison is very lean, especially ground bison. that might be better used in something with a sauce such as spaghetti bolianese or sloppy joes. It's also good in chili or mixed with another fattier meat for meatloaf or meatballs.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
BIG slurp for the chef.
Crab/shrimp/cream cheese sort of Rangoon, baked in phyllo rolls. The frozen phyllo boxes were discovered in Canada's arctic permafrost.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE