What Slideshow Software?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
Well as part of a project on another forum i am going to start making videos and slideshows :D but in order to do this i need some software that i can video edit and make slideshows on

i need something that is easy to use and preferable free :D so what ideas have you got?

webbie

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm a LaTeX fanboy, so I'll suggest Beamer (http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/) .

Pro: free, can do everything you actually should use (and then some), gives you a PDF-file, so there won't be the eternal question of "which verison of PowerPoint do you have?"

Con: you have to write markup with a text editor in a text file; if that sentence fills you with an unearthly dread LaTeX based stuff is not for you)

I use it a lot, producing presentations, student handouts and lecture notes from the same source file. You would have to learn a little (not much actually, and the docs are quite good) and there are ready packages for most computers.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
PTE creates a stand alone executable file which includes the images and soundtrack and can be used on any PC compatible platform.

No Acrobat needed , no powerpoint needed.

Depends on what you are doing. If it is just "show the pictures (on a PC)" then your solution is probably the easiest. LaTeX/Beamer can do that, and produce presentations type stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE