What have you learned since being on the forum?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
See what i mean?

Sometimes, distance,work,family commitments,finances etc, can make the people you seem to gel with, keyboard speaking, difficult to meet in person.

But there are a lots that are hundreds of miles from me that i have on my bucket list to spend at least an hour or two with in the woods (not sure that sounds pc, but you know what i mean)

Ivan...

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Entirely personal...

You can knock out 949 worthless posts in no time.
Go to a meet, meet people for real, then talk to them on here.
Avoid non-Bushcraft posts.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Bit negative on the previous post so I thought I'd add something, a quote which covers my experience better than I can put into words now.

Hello everybody,

I am as the title suggests a Forest Schools practitioner that is developing his skills from a basic military survival background and some book and YouTube learnin'. Recently went to the Wilderness Gathering where I met lots of members of this forum all of whom seemed high calibre ladies and gents.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well for me the biggest things is the friends, it's incredible the friendships that have grown over the years, knowledge that's easy to tap into, I've learned more about people, running forums, tech stuff etc. I think one of the things that comes to mind is that even though there's been some big up and downs over the years I still always want to give the benefit of the doubt, see everyone as always meaning well and do people favours where I can, that's got to be a reflection on the people here that gives me that confidence in people.

The time of year is directly relevant to the tone of the forums :D (you get some stroppy people late in the year :D)
Patience is King, diplomacy is Queen and a thick skin is just a must sometimes.

There's some seriously talented and generous people in the world and I'm grateful they like being here

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have noticed that the majority of people who like to stay in the woods with axes knifes and other sharps are on the whole lovely level headed Non aggressive people even after they become bladdered, which is more than can be said for Nightclub users.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
In in WH Smith today browsed a magazine I subscribed to a the beginning and realised the sheer amount of info on here. The ability to ask a question or google the site and get tailored info at any level. And the subscription is cheaper.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
1) That no matter how carefully you word and punctuate a post, somebody will always take it the wrong way.

2) Whatever problem you have, somebody will always know the answer.

3) Meets are the best way to meet people and make new friends.

4) Any time you have a brilliant new idea, somebody else already had it.

5) Everybody is better at making things than I am.

6) Sanity is a definite disadvantage for anybody who wants to be a bushcrafter.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE