what hat do you wear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Why, a light weight Tilley of course.

Diamondback.jpg

I have both the LT3 and I believe the one pictured is the LT5. It has the more generous brim. I like them both.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Olive drab US Army issue boonie/jungle hat and a US Army issue gortex watch cap.Cheap and does the job.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Tilley original for rain;Tilley with bigger rim front and back for sun;shemagh for sun in deserts.
Knitted bobble hat (- bobble)for cold dry weather.
Jacket hood for really bad weather.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Mostly a suede finish Rogue bush hat, switching to a woolly job in the winter, of a flat cap when on the beating line, with a waxed cotton boonie type for downpours.

The rougue nicely cuts down glare from my head for passers-by! :super:

Dave

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Watch cap in the cold. Baseball cap in the warm - brim to front, too. The latter was a gift from some US people I worked with and I wear it to remind me of them.

OldBaldGuy

Aug 6, 2004
California, USA
Depends on what I am doing. Most of the time a Tilley T-4, every so often a straw Stetson cattleman, and when working aound the place or camping an old, faded, OD green USGI boonie hat (with the little loops around the crown removed, don't have much need to camo myself anymore). I really like the boonie hats, they give sun protection, pretty good rain protection (at least as far as keeping the drips off of my glasses), can be wadded up and stuck in a pocket, wet to cool your head in the summer, and only cost about $12 US...

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I use an Akubra Coober Pedy for best and a Tilley T-something for everyday use plus a selection of other hats depending on what shoe's I am wearing.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I've got a leather aussie hat ( no corks ) used in all weathers ( toggi I think - I removed the logo bits ages ago ). Three feathers in the hat band - two off the parrot and one off a dear old yaffle. It gets a regular oiling with birch tar oil to keep it nice and shiny ( and smelling like a bonfire ), it also doubles as a handy container for nuts & berries and an emergency supply of fish hooks ( there's a few in the band ).

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I must be the only guy around here that wears these--made by Dorfman. Nothing special, just a comfy canvas hat that doesn't blow off in the wind. :lol: Probably made by highly skilled people who get paid a dollar a day. :?:

hiking1c.jpg

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Thinsulate wolly hats
Baseball caps
White cricket hat
home made sheepskin cap with ear flaps for cold winter
Used to have a felt trilby I lived in till someone theft it :aargh4:
Got a big mexican straw stetson but look a right prat in it (like Homer Simpson at a baseball game) :roll: (but if 'twas really sunny I'd use it as I burn easy)

MR D :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE