What does it have in its Walletsies ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What does it have in its Walletsies ? ( Delivered in the voice of poor old Gollum. )

Or Purses.

What non-typical items do you have in your wallets or purses? Nothing to do with Bank or Credit Cards or Money or the Student Union membership card you've been cradling for the last ten years because you want to remind yourself of when you were young and thin and life was fun...

So do you have anything in there for 'just in case' moments?

Sewing kit?
Fresnel lense?
Little sharp thing?

Reactions: dwardo

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I don't carry a wallet.
Never have.
Always felt uncomfortable with the idea of valuable items all bunched together in one over-sized lump that could easily fall out and all gone, in one go.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A "Groatie Buckie" - a Mini European cowrie shell found on Orkney. If you keep one in your wallet you will never have an empty wallet......
1st Aid aid memoire
Survival skills aide memoire
Pain meds for Migraine and head aches (NOT the same thing!)
Immodium for IBS...
Fresnel for when I forget my glasses!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A "Groatie Buckie" - a Mini European cowrie shell found on Orkney. If you keep one in your wallet you will never have an empty wallet......
1st Aid aid memoire
Survival skills aide memoire

Pain meds for Migraine and head aches (NOT the same thing!)
Immodium for IBS...
Fresnel for when I forget my glasses!

I'm kinda intrigued that you whom I regard as highly capable keep such things?

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Wallet only has wallet things in it. My travelling wallet has one of those metal cards with screwdrivers etc. Bundles of fun when I'd forgotten all about it and airport security wanted a look at it!

Handbag on the other hand... Small EDC SAK, pens, notebooks, tiny torches, back up medicine, pain killers & hygiene type items, lip balm, two small spoons, a roll of Polo, ear plugs, ziplok bag, tissues and probably lots more that I've forgotten about. And it's only a small one! :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
An organ donor card that has an (x) at please, for the love of god, don't take my organs.

Long lost unfortunately, but for many years I had a doner card allowing anyone to have my kebab in the event of my death. :)

My wallet is a Maxpedition Micro thing most of the year, but I have micro organiser pouch that holds a copper Thrunite Tool AAA torch, a Boker Tech Tool, Rite in the Rain pad and a Rotring 600 ballpoint.

Reactions: dwardo

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
My fake wallet has a High Standard 2 barrel .22magnum derringer, sans grips screwed into folded leather with a cutout for the trigger.
Carried it when off duty in a very scary neighborhood just off base.
Mugger pulled a blade on me. Gimme the wallet MF!! O. K. And I put a round in his foot. Those things have horrible trigger pulls .
It’s retired now.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
My fake wallet has a High Standard 2 barrel .22magnum derringer, sans grips screwed into folded leather with a cutout for the trigger.
Carried it when off duty in a very scary neighborhood just off base.
Mugger pulled a blade on me. Gimme the wallet MF!! O. K. And I put a round in his foot. Those things have horrible trigger pulls .
It’s retired now.

Jerry Ahern could take lessons from you.
Impressive.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Jerry Ahern could take lessons from you.
Impressive.
Sadly, our mass shootings and sick gun culture led me to a moral decision to dispose of my collection ( responsibly)except my hunting rifle at nephews ( Alaska again someday?)
And a rare Webley- Fosbury.455
Secured in a safe. I’m to body conscious to dress like Sean Connery in Zardoz on Halloween

Reactions: demographic

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
One of the little 'credit card' folding knives is the only even vaguely Bushcraft-y thing in there, it has seen service several times for cheese and sausage slicing, if you've ever tried to get something other than McDonalds to eat in France outside of lunch or dinner time you will understand. There's also a couple of micro SD cards, a full size SD converter, a USB C to Micro USB converter, a Micro USB to USB C converter, a USB C OTG converter and one if the little doohickeys for opening the SD/SIM door on phones. Oh, and upon looking there is also a genuine 1980s compo tin opener, still in its little brown paper wrap.

• Love
Reactions: TeeDee

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Never carried a wallet, like Wander, it's "all of my eggs in one basket". I wouldn't ever put credit cards in my phone case for the same reason.

I also don't like bulky/heavy/rigid things in my pockets either. When i get to the workshop, the first thing i do is take my phone out of my pocket and put it down somewhere (though i normally carry it in my rucksack whilst walking to work because it annoys me too much in my pocket). So if i had a wallet, i would definitely leave it somewhere!

Mind you, i do have a lot of random junk in my pockets. Mostly the usual lipbalm tissue, money, cards, knife, dog poo bags even though Saxen died nearly 3 years ago, etc. But also

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Manx money to ensure I get back.

Scotch money to ensure I get back

(or doesnt it work that way?)

MattyWW

Feb 11, 2023
Leamington Spa
I've got two wallets – one is a standard small leather wallet – bank cards, picture of wife etc. My EDC wallet contains a bank card, small olight torch, a SOG Terminus, some swiss army tweezers, a true utility FIXR, a kaweco brass fountain pen and a bic lighter. All this in one of those leather slips from etsy – has 3 pockets. Pretty much gets me by day-today.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Library card. Knowledge is power and you never know when you might be passing your local library with a need to take a book out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE