What do you make of this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
That's a great reply to get but I don't think I would personally post it on the internet for all to see! Just my opinion of course...

Word from my mouth. Could I suggest the OP asks for the thread to be deleted. I'm sure the ranger in question didn't know his answer would be put on a public forum , and it would be bad to cause someone to potentially be put into trouble for their good will.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Please please please don't copy the email and use it to validate your camping. As a Ranger myself I pretty much give the same line. While I turn a blind eye to sensible wild campers the official line is no camping. Don't put the poor Chap/ lady on the spot with the managers!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Well said mate, being approachable to the community with a bit of common sense is all that's needed

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
It seems reasonable to me, if you leave no trace, you were never there. I asked the forestry commission some time back if they objected to my taking the odd piece of fallen wood to make into walking sticks or hiking staves and they said they did not mind so long as I did not turn it into a commercial venture.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Id never use what he said as a wild camping pass, or flash this email to another 'ranger' to show that 'someone said I could camp here'. Hes obviously a descent bloke and id hate to put his job on the line. Ive mailed him back to say thanks etc.

This is merely a thread to show that there are some descent people out there. Ive taken all the contact details and names out of the original post so this cannot be led back to the person who said it.

I could have made it up for all you guys know ;)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Word from my mouth. Could I suggest the OP asks for the thread to be deleted. I'm sure the ranger in question didn't know his answer would be put on a public forum , and it would be bad to cause someone to potentially be put into trouble for their good will.

Agreed
The tone of the letter should be enough to say "Please don't let everyone know about it".

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Please please please don't copy the email and use it to validate your camping. As a Ranger myself I pretty much give the same line. While I turn a blind eye to sensible wild campers the official line is no camping. Don't put the poor Chap/ lady on the spot with the managers!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

spot on mate, be worth a meet with this guy though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE