What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Collapsible mug, some more gas for the jetboil, knife fork and spork set, wide mouthed bottle, all from Go outdoors, ventured on ebay, made a daft offer for a rucksack and it got accepted, will see how it is when it turns up.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I have no car so I travel by bus or train (sometimes a combinatin of them both) and carry my stuff in a rucksack, so that dictates that whatever I carry has to be small and light as possible.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: as a boiling vessel I use this Stanley with nesting cups.
dc8ab225-fa87-4148-bd21-9b094623f4dd.jpeg
I got one of those few years back, it's great, if you take one cup out you can get gas and mini stove in it with a sachet of drink and a folding spoon.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
AliExpress.

No idea what I’ll do with them, use a couple in the camper, one in the kitchen at night, same in bathroom. Probably give a load away.

Gimme a shout if you want a few mate, I owe you one for the glow rings. :thumbsup:

Ohhhh- yes please. Thank you.

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
Wool fabric. Sourced from a UK mill.

I want to make a few things and I have found a source of interesting 100% wool fabrics designed and woven in Yorkshire. I'm very keen on using locally sourced fabrics. Their stock has fabrics made in UK, but also from other countries that have decent conditions for the textile workers (Europe mainly). There's a couple of main ranges that are made in UK:

Heart of Huddersfield: https://fabworks.co.uk/collections/heart-of-huddersfield-fabworks-exclusive-bespoke-wools

Yorkshire Tweed: https://fabworks.co.uk/collections/wool-wool-blends/yorkshire

The range includes some proper felted Melton cloth made in Yorkshire, different colours and weights. There's a good mix of brights and also some muted shades which work well in the outdoors but are not boring!

The fabrics are all full width (59 inch, 1.5 metres) selvage-selvage and are priced in half-metre units which is ideal (the fabric comes as one length, it's just priced in half-metre increments).

(Note: If you are not used to translating the fabric weight descriptions into real life, I suggest going to the shop or getting samples, these are fabrics for dressmaking and furnishings not blanket fabrics).

I think that prices are very reasonable for the quality and UK source of fabric. They have a proper shop/mill in Huddersfield (which you can go to and buy there) but they also went on line with COVID (which is why they are still in business). The chap who runs the place is really friendly and helpful.

I am very happy with the quality of the fabric I received (I bought a few lengths of different types). The images on screen are a good representation of the fabrics, and dispatch/delivery (DPD Local) were very prompt. I am hoping to visit the mill when I next am working in that area although I suspect I will need to put a lock on my wallet!

GC

Reactions: Stew

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Cold smoke Generator for what I would call sensible money ( compared to what Amazon et al want )

Free postage included from ManoMano co uk

1709970762815.png

Reactions: Broch

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Arrived shaving-sharp. I know I am paying a bit for the name, but in lieu of a Woodlore this is just a shiny treat.

(The finger plaster isn’t a victim to this, I lost a fight with a particularly tenacious tin of ghee)

Attachments

• IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4433.jpeg
    IMG_4433.jpeg
    937.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Pattree

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
GB stopped putting in metal wedges several years ago.

Believe their replacement handles still come with one.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
IMG-0049.webp
IMG-0050.jpg
Had a bit of a splurge yesterday, a medieval fire steel, a folding Pricket Brass Candlestick (copy of a 13/15th century one in a London museum), both from Tod Cutler. Also bought a 1700 tinderbox in German Silver, I already have a brass one, but wanted another for a different fire steel, a Hudson Bay one I bought off Ray Mears site at Christmas, really want one of the Hudson Bay tins, but nowhere seems to have them.

Reactions: gg012

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE