What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
So nearish to us is Trago mills, I bought a padded check builders shirt for about £14. It's not the greatest fit for gorilla length arms, but I got as an overtop if I'm by campfires and I don't want sparks to burn my down jacket. Quite comfy actually.
Fat lot of good that did me....

Lit a fire on the beach the other day and was wearing my down jacket, left the padded jacket behind... burnt a hole in the jacket.

I was walking around for a good 10 mins wondering why there were feathers flying around everywhere before I realised...

Reactions: Robbi and SaraR

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Not agreeing to the older part . but no is not cheating. I switched up to hammock camping, because I was walking like a crippled goose after a night on the floor. An air bed is a smart idea if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normaly hammock camp too, it's so much more comfortable than crawling in and out of a tent and laying on the hard ground, even with padding underneath! Plus you wake up to woodland TV, wots not to like. :)
I'm definitely taking a comfy air bed, and it will be a modern one, (treckology) rather than a heavy bulky tesco special.
It's amazing how little gear I used to camp with. Nowadays comfort takes priority over the spartan camp existence I had as a youngster! But the air bed its my only concession to aches and age.

Last edited:

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
100’ if 5/8” silk Manila. Service in the USCG left me dyslexic with paracord and I’m always burning myself sealing the ends. It’s not biodegradable and looks like hell with oilcloth.
The first American Cowboys often came off ships. There is a lot of
Nautical tradition and songs came with them. Lariat , from the Charros
La Riata was called a whale line.
Lasso is a small snare and incorrect.
Show me folklore for 550 paracord!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Bought this over the weekend at the Retro outdoor Equipment meet.

As far as we can make out it's likely to be a West German army lantern possibly for traffic control :dunno:

1682884325647.png

Reactions: Ozmundo

blackwolf1

Dec 12, 2007
Auburn,Maine U.S.A.
This weekend was my birthday.
I got a Filson waxed canvas anorack, Mystery Ranch backpack,and am waiting on a Randall style custom knife.
Last week I did find a military clasp knife (British)at a flea market. Was interesting to me in that #1 I don't see them very often in my home state.
#2 it has buffalo horn handles.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Lots of stuff as a special day is coming. ;)Best to get my own stuff to avoid “5 in 1 plastic survival tat” or really bad socks.

A chopping board that will nest in an Swedish M44 mess kit, ordered courtesy of fleabay. Tempted to get a custom lid too. Selling unneeded items to fund buying more stuff is satisfying. :D

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Tod Cutler has got a coronation sale 15% off for those who want a medieval striker or something in carbon steel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE