What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
A grayl ultrapress and spare cartridge filter
x2 grayl geopress cartridge filters

10L steel fuel can with a screw on lid and not the horrible hinge type

x3 3x3 heavy duty builders tarps

Reactions: TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Two steel shelving units from liddell, and a pressure sprayer to make a camp /powercut shower.
Now I have somewhere to store my kit tidily,, and can wash my long hair no matter what.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
2092d485a8d24c12cc8cbc300a75f351.jpg

Well, bought this a couple months ago so don’t know if it counts! I got it to carry out a load of mods on, but after using for a while, the list has got shorter. I have to say both the medium and large are very nice comfortable packs to wear! I am a big fan of the external frame!

Cheers
Louis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yesterday at a local art trail weekend I bought a hand made leather knife neck sheath. It was veg tanned full grain leather made in Lancashire from Scottish sourced leather apparently. Met the locally based maker. It came with a little whitby folder at 1.75" blade and liner lock. Not EDC I believe because it locks but it's sharp and had some use already. I could easily change the knife to something a similar size if I want but it'll do for know.

I'm not one for carrying knives like that but it looked really nice sheath and I will likely carry it at certain times, if nothing else I'll probably use it in the garden. Next year I might buy a horizontal sheath for a bigger knife from him. I like his work. I think whilst some might think it a craft not art but I disagree, it is right to have this guy's leatherwork in an arts trail with all the painters, potters and sculptors.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A Firemaple gaslantern.

I have a couple of the narrower versions of these and some connection tubes that make a double lamp. They’re really good looking things and a pleasant light.

It‘s worth investing in an adaptor to refill the wide (and expensive) camping canisters from the cheap blowtorch tall butane ones. Butane burns nice and golden like in your pics, better than the propane/butane mix designed for cold weather. It’s as easy as filling a lighter to be honest and saves a fair bit of cash.

My adaptor is a cheapo like this:

I put the receiving can in the freezer, and the donor somewhere warm, works well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE