What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Saw some of their trousers selling in go outdoors. With their internet price matching plus extra 10% discount you they looked a good deal. The singhi woollie pullie from them wasn't a good deal imho.

PS what size s6 shirt did you get? I got one last year. I'm a 43.5" chest and was advised to get closest size to that. But the 44" is slightly short in the arms and a little too snug imho. Plus the wrist velcro causes the cuffs to curl out when done up which annoys me and makes the length feel shorter.

I'm thinking I should offload and size up or change to alpine jacket.

The 44 was a close fit and I struggled to get into it so I went for the 46 instead. Mrs still thinks it too small for me but they do need to be a close fit. Going out for it the 1st time this weekend.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Just picked up one of these

il_794xN_1729369207_gb9k.jpg

Ebay. It’s got easier to find the Douglass brand. Trying to get a Field S through the Japanese site Rakuten was a pain a few years ago, but the Neo range seem to be about. The Field S is made from 18 hand machined parts, it’s really a piece of art.

Look, I haven’t watched this vid but it seems to have the Field S and my Neo in it, see how you go.

The Neo 3 does dry up in a few days, the tank is so well sealed that the expansion of fuel in a trouser pocket is noticeable by the whiff of Zippo fuel from the wick hole. Conversely, any cooling must draw air back in. If fuel conservation is important then get a capped version. If easy striking is important get one with the knurled strike wheels. My two have wind guards, but I don’t expect them to be too effective.

Those Douglas lighter do look cool

personally I tend to go for vintage models though

trying to hunt down an IMCO 2200 at the moment

2200.jpg

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thought they could be fun until I realised it was a prank

I’ve heard a pair of the tactical stockings work equally well. :D

70-EB24-DB-15-BA-4-E15-81-A7-4-FFABA76-F88-D.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Those Douglas lighter do look cool

personally I tend to go for vintage models though

trying to hunt down an IMCO 2200 at the moment

View attachment 56438

Nice lighter that. I had an Imco for years, liked it far more than my brass Zippo. The Douglass are beautifully made, I like to think they’ll last long enough to become vintage.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
In Spain for the winter, so bought a pruning saw to help in brush clearing as our host has only loppers and a bush saw, will take it home when we go, steal at eleven euros !

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Inspired by a earlier post I blew my xmas gifts from my mum and middle son on a Douglass Studios Field S in Brass. Ordered on the 23rd from Japan and arrived today.

GZ91Wna.jpg

I'm chuffed to little mint balls over the quality of it. I'll make a leather case with a billy cord on it as I'm loathe to lose this one! Ive always used zippos but they dry out too fast in hot weather, not a problem if i'm carrying fuel for a petrol stove anyway but still.

ATB

Tom

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Inspired by a earlier post I blew my xmas gifts from my mum and middle son on a Douglass Studios Field S in Brass. Ordered on the 23rd from Japan and arrived today.

GZ91Wna.jpg

I'm chuffed to little mint balls over the quality of it. I'll make a leather case with a billy cord on it as I'm loathe to lose this one! Ive always used zippos but they dry out too fast in hot weather, not a problem if i'm carrying fuel for a petrol stove anyway but still.

ATB

Tom

Ah, good for you. :)

Apologies for the ‘enabling’ of course, but nice to know you see where your money went in terms of build and quality. Enjoy, they’re really quite a pleasing thing. A word of advice, be very careful if you need to apply any silicone grease to the o ring seal below the wick. I found my lighter not shutting properly unless I screwed it down and put it down to the o ring being dry. I managed to get a small amount of silicone grease on the flint wheel which then got clogged and didn’t spark properly. Got it clean, but it was a pain.

Last edited:

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Ordered a tbs boar mk 2 folding uk legal knife with curly birch scales. Ordered 3 pm yesterday received today 11 am, pretty good service via Royal Mail. Have to go out later and try it out!

Reactions: Ettrick reiver

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
Great choice :thumbsup: I have a walnut scaled Boar and it’s a very capable knife. It’s feature of being able to tighten the pivot is a welcome one for long term use.
Enjoy !

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Great choice :thumbsup: I have a walnut scaled Boar and it’s a very capable knife. It’s feature of being able to tighten the pivot is a welcome one for long term use.
Enjoy !
The ability to tighten the pivot sold the knife to me. The knife fits well into my hand. The spine takes a spark well and the scandi grind shaves wood well. I can see me using this more than my fixed blade version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE